Model Cars Magazine Forum

Fox Chassis and Pony Wheels

I have about 3 projects for the spring/summer in mind that are Fox-themed. Nothing crazy, just happen to like those. But anyhow, I'm on the look out for Revell / Monogram Pony wheels / kits that contain them. I also quite fancy turbines, but that's unrelated. I've been reading on here for hours the last couple nights and I want to make sure I'm doing this right. Am I correct in what I've figured out? the only fox kit i've built / looked inside is the Monkees.

93 Cobra : Cobra Turbines

92 White GT Lowrider kit (newer): closed Turbines [built off of 89 tool]

92 Black GT Lowrder kit: (late90's) closed Turbines [built off of 89 tool]

Black 92 GT Kit: Pony's

White 91 GT Kit: Pony's

Monkees Kit: Open Turbines

89 High Performance GT: Open Turbines

Missin Link Resin does the Pony wheels. Not sure if Kevin has them on his site (he is redoing/updating it) www.missinglinkrc.com If they are not there, you can always email him through the site and, ask about them.

yeah I looked on the M.L. Site and the buttons for parts didn't work, and I think I'll email him; good thinking lol. And greg you're probably right, in case you're wondering:

kitpony.jpg

Hmmm...that pic looks awfully familiar..

In any event, the best route to take to get those wheels is Missing Link.

The kit, is 50/50 whether the wheels will have sink marks. Missing links are nearly 100% perfect (you still have to trim the flash so the finish is up to you).

For the record, the wheel in the picture is a kit wheel.

yeah I borrowed it from the comparison thread and cropped it. I went over to the site and the 'contact us' button isn't working so i'll keep checking back in.

The best way to contact him is either through Ebay (He goes by "member 3664890") or if you have Facebook, find him there.

yeah I looked on the M.L. Site and the buttons for parts didn't work, and I think I'll email him; good thinking lol. And greg you're probably right, in case you're wondering:

kitpony.jpg

Oh My GOD! I've been just tossing those in the trash..... Jus' kiddin' I may have some.