Model Cars Magazine Forum

Nitrous Bottles

I was curious is anyone has any ideas as to creating Nitrous Bottles? I was thinking maybe the parts of a pen (cut of course with a few modifcations to it) but I feel like it would be to small. I'm looking for something that has the valve so thta I can run tubing for a real effect. Any thoughts are greatly apprciated. Sorry if this Topic is in the wrong section. - Mikey

Just a thought that came immediately to mind but have no idea if it would work. But what about scale size old coca-cola bottles I've seen in model railroads? It is really close in shape and size if you get the HO size. You would just need to come up with the mounting brackets for it. Just a thought. I'm sure someone else will have a better idea.

Could work. I know for the brackets you could use layered tape colored/ painted black or w/e color. Imma do a mock-up @ work so hopefully I can figure something and do a write-up. Thanks for the input.

Edited by MikeyB08

That would be awesome. All I really need is just the idea and something to follow. I'm able to get to a lathe as well as lathe tools. It will be a little while before I really need them. Waiting for my Convertible Corvette to get here. Just trying to get my ducks in a row.

Now that's a good idea. Could def. work.

That being said. I think I found my NOS Bottle and I can make a bunch fairly quick with minimal effort. I was doing some laundry and noticed the roundness of my plastic hangers that I use. Time to break out the tool kit. So I got to cutting. After a little bit of work, I managed to make a NOS Bottle (Not the prettiest but it's a Proto-Type) by cutting a piece of the hanger to measure out about 3/4" give or take. Sanded one end flat, and rounded the other end to give it the bottle look. Slapped some Testors Blue Acrylic paint and put just a small white square on the bottle. Test fitted in a Viper GTS (Which on has 2 seats as we all know) and it fits pretty good for something done in 10 minutes. Another good thing about it is the hangers themselves have a hollow center which will make it easy to create attached tubing or adding a valve. I'm still searching for some way to make a valve. Sure I'll stumble upon something. I'll be doing a write-up for the Tutorial Section with picture for clarification. Any more ideas are greatly appreciated.

Edited by MikeyB08

• 2 years later...