Model Cars Magazine Forum

Slixx decals

Yeah, it's to be expected with the delays in shipping. According to Becky as soon as they made the announcement of closing up shop the orders started coming in like wildfire.

Maybe they should rethink the whole closing up shop idea...

Nope ! It's all over ! Sad part .... Some of our " brethren " , have left some really nasty messages on their machine , complaining about the delay !

Becky is a sweetheart and certainly doesn't deserve that ! I teased that they should have gone out of business awhile back when she told me that sales have really picked up .

As Wayne said , they were hit with an avalanche of orders when they announced they were done . People need to understand this and just be patient , they will get the orders out !

Done ! , old friend !

It's just too much of a financial drain . Licensing fees , piracy , slow sales , etc , they all took a toll ! I wish them all the best ! Unfortunately , I don't think they'll be the last .

People don't realize what it takes for these mom and pop shops to stay up and running . Believe me , it's far from easy !

Not to take away from them, but does anyone recommend other places for decals? Since I'm just getting back into this, I'd like to start setting up a repertoire with a few business when I get fully up and running. Over the next few months I hope to be getting a nice size collection of models going and defiantly want to start looking at 3rd party decals and not the ones that come in the box.

It's sad to continue to hear about these little places falling off the charts due to everything that is going on in our economy. I firmly believe that we will prevail, we always have and always will. It's just a shame that we have to loose some really good business along this tough route first though.

Well for my 1000th post it's too bad it has to be on a sad subject. I had thought they were only going to shut down the decal part. After all, they sold a lot more than just the decals. I got some paint from them and some resin... well it's just a shame. Greedy so and so's with this licensing ######. I mean geez...how much are they gonna get out of such a small operation ya know?

Well for my 1000th post it's too bad it has to be on a sad subject. I had thought they were only going to shut down the decal part. After all, they sold a lot more than just the decals. I got some paint from them and some resin... well it's just a shame. Greedy so and so's with this licensing ######. I mean geez...how much are they gonna get out of such a small operation ya know?

They're going to get as MUCH as they can from anybody they can. Life goes on!