Model Cars Magazine Forum

History of Monogram's Squarebody GM Pickups

Fabrux

MAD ( Morgan Auto Detail) offers a really nice resin 78 Scottdale long bed pickup trans kit. The MPC 84 GMC Deserter kit is the donor chassis, just need to lengthen the frame a bit for it to work. Given the popularity of the square bodies, truly surprised none of the kit companies have managed to re-work some of their existing kits to fill that void.

Here's the MAD kit:

IMG_7282.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, mikemodeler said:

MAD ( Morgan Auto Detail) offers a really nice resin 78 Scottdale long bed pickup trans kit. The MPC 84 GMC Deserter kit is the donor chassis, just need to lengthen the frame a bit for it to work. Given the popularity of the square bodies, truly surprised none of the kit companies have managed to re-work some of their existing kits to fill that void.

Here's the MAD kit:

IMG_7282.jpg

Do they still make that one in the picture? All I could find was this bed only one.

https://madmodeling.com/Item/chevylongbed

3 hours ago, Mike C. said:

Do they still make that one in the picture? All I could find was this bed only one.

https://madmodeling.com/Item/chevylongbed

You need to message Kris and ask him if he has any in stock or has to cast them. You can PM him here, as that is what I did. I got one right after Christmas so I would say yes, he still offers them. What I didn't show was he also includes the correct hood, chrome front bumper and grille and a bench seat. ( Hey Round2, you hear that? A bench seat!) The kit was either $70 or $75 plus shipping.

15 hours ago, mikemodeler said:

You need to message Kris and ask him if he has any in stock or has to cast them. You can PM him here, as that is what I did. I got one right after Christmas so I would say yes, he still offers them. What I didn't show was he also includes the correct hood, chrome front bumper and grille and a bench seat. ( Hey Round2, you hear that? A bench seat!) The kit was either $70 or $75 plus shipping.

Thanks Mike. I was wondering about that grill and the bench seat sounds good also. Who do I contact to PM him here?