Model Cars Magazine Forum

Teresi: "Dyno Drags" new project 3-8-12 Finished pictures posted 6/17/12

That bike is bad a$$. Did you build that ? Any other photos here anywhere of it ?

Ray......I built 3 of those bikes about 3 years ago.......in the 60`s my father and uncle built this buick V8 drag bike.......they use to take it to Lions drag strip......I was around 6 years old at the time.....I remember being able to wipe off the slick at the starting line,before take off......it was called The "Italiano"........thats why I am so much into drag racing......April 1966 it made the cover and a feature in Modern Cycle magazine.......at that time it was the fastest gas drag bike in the world at a speed of 156MPH..........I was there when Don Garlits had that nasty explosion at the starting line......at the time I did not even know who he was?......now he is my favorite drag racer of all time.......I grew up around Lions, Irwindale, and Orange County drag strips......I built one for my father ,my uncle and one for me.....I posted pictures here about 3 years ago.....if it is still here it would be under Buick V8 drag bike or the "Italiano".......I don`t remember?"........thanks.

Ray.......I make a goal of what I want to accomplish every day........sometimes I go for 4 to 5 hours sometimes an 1 hour a day......depends on what my goal is........I average 25 plus hours a week....... even when I`m working I get some bench time in.......I just love the hobby........it really relaxes me......thanks.

wow John you amaze me all the time did you scratchbuild those bikes? You must have alot of scratchbuilding material around. Have you ever thought of doing some how toos I`m sure I would not be the only one that would be your student. keep up the good work.

I say we rent an entire freakin' room and make John bring ALL his stuff!

G

I'm hoping John will bring (at least) everything he has built since he was here in 2010. That would still be a poopoo-load!

How 'bout it, John?

;)

I'm hoping John will bring (at least) everything he has built since he was here in 2010. That would still be a poopoo-load!

How 'bout it, John?

;)

Danno.....I would love to.....but,by the time I finished the paper work and set up the last model.....the show would just be ending :(

Danno.....I would love to.....but,by the time I finished the paper work and set up the last model.....the show would just be ending :(

That's too funny, John! Just goes to show how prolific you are!

Okay, we'll send you pre-registration forms. You've got a month to fill 'em out. Enough time? LOL.

Looking forward to seeing you again, my friend.

And, I'm saving a couple of extra burgers for you!!!!!

;)

That's too funny, John! Just goes to show how prolific you are!

Okay, we'll send you pre-registration forms. You've got a month to fill 'em out. Enough time? LOL.

Looking forward to seeing you again, my friend.

And, I'm saving a couple of extra burgers for you!!!!!

;)

Danno.......you have no idea how long I have been craving your burgers.......I`m not going to eat for a few days so that I can pig out at the barbecue. :wub:

Danno.......you have no idea how long I have been craving your burgers.......I`m not going to eat for a few days so that I can pig out at the barbecue. :wub:

You're on!

Don't forget ... Hollywood Jim lives here now and he'll be trying to match you ... burger for burger!!

LOL.

:P