Model Cars Magazine Forum

moving, and why im happy

Ive lived in wyoming for 15 years. That is coming to an end in June. Going to California. Ive always had issues building here. The glues I use dont like to work in a no humidity environment. I build in the garage, so winter building in wyoming is not an option. Wont have those problems anymore. The whole family seems pretty excited. We are going to Vandenberg AFB. I just spent two months there, and really enjoyed it. Now im looking forward to getting some stuff built!

I'll admit, it does get a little windy in Wyoming...... :D

And at least you can visit the beach in california!.......... B)

Thats why I like west Michigan we have wind,snow and a beach!! :P

Have fun Trey and remember everything in Cali that glitters ain't gold!! :lol:

I hope you're ready to be taxed up the wazoo. California is broke, and they are taxing residents like there's no tomorrow! In fact, it's such a mess in California that there are hundreds of thousands of people moving out.

But hey... good luck with that! :D

PS: One of the states on my "move there someday" wish list is Wyoming, for several reasons, including the state's tax structure.

We're goin' to miss you Harry!!!

It's more of a dream than reality. I've been here in Illinois all my life, so picking up and moving out would be a huge change for me.

But if I ever do go (and I might, one day)... my target states are Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, Utah or New Mexico, for various reasons for each state.

I would be more than happy to trade places with you there in Cheyenne, Wy...Good luck here in Calif..You very well may need it...as soon has the Bank gets my home (which they can have) i am out of this God for saken place....Remember Good Ol'e Cal is broke..just like the politics Broken...I like Cheyenne,Wy...lived in Fort Collins for years...always went to Cheyenne for the Good Times....always brought out the country in me....Good People there...now look at me stuck in this Phony of a City called Sacramento, Ca ...Oh God help me :(

I hope you're ready to be taxed up the wazoo. California is broke, and they are taxing residents like there's no tomorrow! In fact, it's such a mess in California that there are hundreds of thousands of people moving out.

But hey... good luck with that! :D

PS: One of the states on my "move there someday" wish list is Wyoming, for several reasons, including the state's tax structure.

Yeah!! they are all moving here to Arizona,sSig_censored.gifsFun_explosive.gifsSig_ohwell.gif

Edited by martinfan5

Wyoming is way too rural for me...when I move out of Phoenix, most likely I'll be moving back to Denver, or to the Seattle area, or Pittsburgh (family in Ohio is trying to get me to move back). Though there are several areas in California I like that have plenty of career opportunities...San Diego, Orange County, Bay Area...

Ah, but see, to me that's the appeal.

Been here in Chicago waaaaaay too long. The wide open spaces look mighty good to me...

Been there, done that...grew up in a very rural part of Eastern Ohio...long time until I'm ready for retirement, so being close to a hub airport and the usual big city amenities and tech job market is a necessity for me...

Been there, done that...grew up in a very rural part of Eastern Ohio...long time until I'm ready for retirement, so being close to a hub airport and the usual big city amenities and tech job market is a necessity for me...

Yeah, I get that for sure.

But for me... I'm ready to drop out of the rat race. Been in it too long. I was hot and heavy involved in the whole "dot com bubble" of the 90s. A change of pace (a slower pace) would be very welcome. All I know is big city life. The wide open spaces of Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, etc. look very appealing to me.

Yeah, I get that for sure.

But for me... I'm ready to drop out of the rat race. Been in it too long. I was hot and heavy involved in the whole "dot com bubble" of the 90s. A change of pace (a slower pace) would be very welcome. All I know is big city life. The wide open spaces of Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, etc. look very appealing to me.

I hear you...I have thought about moving to the mountains in Colorado (one of my favorite places in the US) and trying to do remote independent contract work, but I don't like working alone at home all the time, and the job market is too flaky..friends that have tried that ended up having to drive 4 hours every week back and forth to the airport for work travel. I also like being close to the usual urban/suburban basics (lots of interesting restaurants, concert venues, Target, Starbucks, etc).

I have friends in Portland..I've been up there a few times, nice and green...Portland is also on my radar.

Indeed Portland is a Great City...with all the Bridges...Rivers....but it is the People that make it such a nice place to live...I have to be honest California people are the .....well never mind...Oh God Help Me...

Guest Johnny

It's more of a dream than reality. I've been here in Illinois all my life, so picking up and moving out would be a huge change for me.

But if I ever do go (and I might, one day)... my target states are Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, Utah or New Mexico, for various reasons for each state.

For some reason it seems if you move from IL you always come back!!! :unsure:

Moved away mutiple times and always wound up back here. Even from southern IL. :mellow:

Wish I would have stayed in Colorado! Lived in a town of 200 if you counted the dogs, cars and rats! Just 32 mile due south of Cheyenne Wyoming! A little place called Nunn and it resembled the name! :lol: