Model Cars Magazine Forum

1969 10.5 camaro project

thumper86

Our hobby is all about inspiration and I love it ! It was here when my dad passed this sickness on to me and I hope to give it to as many model builders as I can before I leave this earth lol. Rick and everybody else in this forum are amazing builders and its fun to see everybody share there talents the way it was meant to be .

Rob, man thats no problem at all.... I'm not like that by any means... I think it looks great... are you gonna put the park light's in it to?? I love these cars when they still have that stock appearing look, but when they the factory lights etc, back in and not airbrushed are the best.... cant wait to see updates...

Are you sure they aren't mid-engine cars? That would explain the turbos in the trunk.

Oh I'm sure its not mid engine lol. Building them like this gets old at times so you have to go outside the everyday box and do something that pushes you a bit just to get out of the same old thing rut.

015.jpg

026-3.jpg

I meant the 1:1 cars in the photos. I see yours are not. I'll be the first to admit that I don't know a lot about Pro Mod or 10.5 cars. You are doing a great job and I understand about doing something different. Looking forward to more of this build.

Edited by GoatGuy

Ok back on subject at hand . I did a test paint the other day and it turned into what is going to be the base color of the car with black z-28 stripes. I'm not a fan of yellow and never have been but on this car it seems to work lol.

011-5.jpg

008-8.jpg

005-9.jpg

Now regarding the 1:1 mustang the twin turbos in the trunk ideal came from . The turbos in the trunk did work and made in and around 3000 hp and the car was quick BUT the setup was takin out because the car would wheelie like crazy and that cost E.T. witch no drag racer wants to lose . I did find a video of the car in action. Crank it up and enjoy !