Model Cars Magazine Forum

Late '80s Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham 4dr resin kit available?

The conversion is not that hard. Start with the lowrider kit. It has the correct wheelbase. Just the roof and number of doors are wrong. First step cut the rear section of the roof off.

Picture007-vi.jpg

Then add some filler material and glue the back window frame back on standing more upright like this.

Picture011-vi.jpg

After some primer/bodywork this is what you get......a much more formal and longer roof

Picture012-vi.jpg

Cut out the existing opera window and fill the existing door handle holes.

Picture015-vi.jpg

Add the new door frames and re-scribe the doors and here it is!

Picture019-vi.jpg

And before anyone asks.....I have NO intention of having this cast. I have maybe 5 hours of work into this and around an hour to go to get the body perfect. If I can do it then you can do it. It really wasn't that hard. If you have any questions just ask!

You have mad skills, and no, not everyone here on the board can do what you did successfully. Sad, but true.

I think Modelhaus made a caddy like this. It was a complete kit very heavy and sells for over $120.00 if I remember correctly I wish I had a picture of it. It was fairly new to the lineup offererd about a year and a half ago.

Modelhaus has a '76 Coupe de Ville.

hey send one of those my way, LOL j/k. I'm watching an auction on ebay for the Revell Custom Cadillac Donk and it's over $40, I wonder if people want it just because it's a Caddy, or for the Donk parts? Because Revell is re-releasing the Cadillac Lowrider in May IIRC, I'm waiting for then to pick one or two up LOL.

While on the topic of Cadillac, why oh why has Revell not tooled up a current Cadillac CTS-V sedan? Heck I'd love the Coupe and Wagon too! :wub:

edit: Yes I know the demand for it more than likely isn't high enough to make it offset the tooling costs, but that still doesn't stop me from wanting one! There's no current bodystyle CTS-V 4dr in 1/24 or 1/25 scale, not even in diecast! Old bodystyle yes, but not the current one. I figure Welly would have made it by now, didn't they do a 1/18 of it I think?

Edited by TurboKitty

hey send one of those my way, LOL j/k. I'm watching an auction on ebay for the Revell Custom Cadillac Donk and it's over $40, I wonder if people want it just because it's a Caddy, or for the Donk parts? Because Revell is re-releasing the Cadillac Lowrider in May IIRC, I'm waiting for then to pick one or two up LOL.

While on the topic of Cadillac, why oh why has Revell not tooled up a current Cadillac CTS-V sedan? Heck I'd love the Coupe and Wagon too! :wub:

edit: Yes I know the demand for it more than likely isn't high enough to make it offset the tooling costs, but that still doesn't stop me from wanting one! There's no current bodystyle CTS-V 4dr in 1/24 or 1/25 scale, not even in diecast! Old bodystyle yes, but not the current one. I figure Welly would have made it by now, didn't they do a 1/18 of it I think?

those cadillacs are high in demand they were hitting 40-75$ not long ago

those cadillacs are high in demand they were hitting 40-75$ not long ago

the donks go high, the lowrider ones go Higher... I usually grab up any that are under 30.00 I got 20 of the donks when they were 5.00 at big lots a couple years ago. and have a case on pre-order of the cali wheels version.

Guest JamesDE

Mike, you freakin hoarder!! Lol..... There was a guy on LIL named twinn that was selling resin 4 doors, but haven't seen those in a good minute....

It's fine I can do the conversion on a 2 door. I'm not paying the high prices for the older releases since it'll be rereleased soon so I don't mind the wait :)

I did not know it was being released, or I just was not paying attention, well looks like I will just wait to, I know what I project I will be doing with it

Edit, oh yea, just looked again at the releases , and there it is :lol:

Edited by martinfan5

Nice but I clicked the link and it says it's not for sale :(

I searched for R & R resin kits and came to this page: http://www.resinrealm.net/GALLERIES/RRGallery/index.html which doesn't list that Cadillac Fleetwood 4dr ('77-'79? Will that work for an '89?). I'm not sure where else to look, do you happen to know where this might be in stock or at least available?