Model Cars Magazine Forum

1-8 scale hand machined dominators

Dave you have me drooling over these carbs. Very nice work. I am always impressed by your skills and what you do. I really need to invest the money and get myself a mini lathe and end mill one of these days. Keep up the great work and thanks for always sharing.

Very interesting about the Braswell Carb (B-7520)

Pulled from Braswell.com's website:

The B-7520 2 bbl has become the standard for multiple carburetion in high horsepower racing engines. It was the first in our 7000 series of carburetors. Designed from start to finish as a racing carburetor, drawing on our over 4 decades of experience in the manufacturing of carburetors for motorsports. It was introduced to the market in 2007 to fill the demand for multiple carburetor applications using the 2 bbl format. This new carburetor eliminated the former requirement of having to take a 4 bbl carburetor and cut it in half to make a "split". Even when split, the available carburetors which were based on a 40+ year old design have been proven inadequate for today's modern racing engines. The performance of the B-7520 speaks for itself, holding current naturally aspirated and N2O records for the quickest and fastest carbureted runs around the world. Popular with Mountain Motor Pro Stock, Pro-Mod, Competition Eliminator, Top Sportsman, 10.5 Outlaw and Quick-8 classes.

7520_2.png

So Dave, are more racers then going to this Carb versus the split 2 barrel that looks more like a 4 barrel carburetor then?

Edited by eviltwincustoms