Model Cars Magazine Forum

I just had the priviledge of watching this amazing film. For those who are not F1 fans it is a great way to see the Master at work. For those who are, well, it's Ayrton Senna so it's all good.

A tragic feeling will come over you by the end, but the ride is amazingly visceral with a driver that ran the ragged edge at ALL times.

As much as I care for Jackie Stewart, Alain Prost and even Schumacher, SENNA is a must see if you like planting your butt in a car of any stripe.

Bob

Edited by Dragline

Bob I watched this just two days ago, it was very gripping and I felt like I had lost a friend by the time the movie was finished. And I didnt even know how it was going to end but this strange feeling came over me just in the last 20 mins or so. You are correct this is one worth watching. If you have Netflix you can find it there.

Yes...this is a must to watch...i just watched it a couple of days ago...and still thinking about it..just an amazing documentary on a World Champion Driver...I highly recommend this to all..

Cheers... B)

Edited by XJ6

I saw on the big screen, and I had to drive a couple hundred miles to do so. And it exceeded my expectations. I took my girlfriend who has no clue what F1 is and she thought it was fantastic. If you like auto racing, I don't know how you could not want to be an F1 fan after seeing this movie.

I was unaware there was a thread. It's coming out on DVD is what caught my eye so I got it.

Didn't mean to step on an ongoing thread.

My bad.

Bob

If you look at the last thread that was quoted, with a link to the first thread, I said that I had finally found a Region 1 DVD (US version) that was poorly translated by somebody, maybe of Asian origin. Do you know of a new US version? I can't imagine that this movie, which was a big hit - released in Fall of 2010 - isn't available yet on a good DVD. You don't have to be a racing fan to appreciate the beauty and honesty of this film. or the spirit of Ayrton Senna. No Hollywood movie could duplicate it.

Edited by sjordan2

I missed my own Countryman Gil De Ferran...

My bad Gil.

My Portuguese spelling is atrocious but Ill give it a go [My speech is impeccable].

Im Gil pesaroso, sua carreira era absolutamente impressionante. Considerações,,,, Bob Frias

Bob Frias

Nao Prasta Pra Nada.....LOL

Edited by Dragline

Anyone else really not like Alain Prost after watching Senna?

I saw it a while back, and Prost really irked me.

Yes.I found I didn't care much for Sena either. That's the feeling I couldn't pin down, sad, but not.

Edited by Greg Myers

As seen in the film, Prost behaved like a childish jerk during most of their rivalry, but at the end, when you see his sorrow at the funeral and learn that he became a trustee of Senna's foundation, he must have really respected the man. I think there's more there than the available footage showed.

What isn't shown in the documentary is a scene at the funeral where Senna's family pushed his girlfriend away from the coffin. Must be a whole other story there.

Even though it's a documentary, they want to tell a story, and it's better for a story to have heroes and villains. It's a great movie, and Senna comes across very well. But Prost is cast in the villain's role, so you kinda have to think he's a jerk. Real life is a tad more complicated than that. I think it's an excellent movie, and even though I knew what would happen before I started watching it, I still teared up at the end. We should feel lucky, movie-wise, though.. the success of Senna means that the studios have green-lit Rush, a James Hunt vs Nikki Lauda in 1976 movie (coming soon, with Chis Hemsworth as Hunt); "Go Like Hell", the Ford vs Ferrari le Mans battle (one of the best car racing books I've ever read); and "The Drivers", Ridley and Tony Scott's (Alien and Blade Runner for Ridley, Top Gun for Tony) 10-part high end TV series (think "From the Earth to the Moon") about sports car racing in the 50s-60s-70s....

I loved Senna... I'm really looking forward to the rest!

bestest,

M.

Edited by Matt Bacon