Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tim Richmond Monte Carlo

DANB

Guest Johnny

Sweet Folgers car! I did mine with the gold numbers but had a problem on the drivers side (which now faces the wall :lol: ) when the number decided to stick tight as soon as it hit the paint and it was a little too far back on the door! :( Couldn't afford another set so just finished it out as is.

Nice job! I was and still am a Tim Richmond fan. It looks right to me. I believe one of his cars is still on display at Hendrick Motorsports. I was there last August. I can remember listening to a race on the car radio once while driving through the mountains of West Viriginia. The radio kept fadding in and out. Tim was working his way to the front and eventually won the race. My family was so patient with me in our mini-van on our way to Mertle Beach. Thanks for the memory, had to share that with you.

It's a shame that alot of NASCAR fans don't have any idea who Tim Richmond was . If he had lived he would be in the Hall of Fame now .

I believe im excused, im from Australia :). Dad and i have only been into the sport for maybe a decade. And having watched Marcos Ambrose dominate V8 Supercars for years then leave to start racing Nascar only made us more interested lol.

Nice job! I was and still am a Tim Richmond fan. It looks right to me. I believe one of his cars is still on display at Hendrick Motorsports. I was there last August. I can remember listening to a race on the car radio once while driving through the mountains of West Viriginia. The radio kept fadding in and out. Tim was working his way to the front and eventually won the race. My family was so patient with me in our mini-van on our way to Mertle Beach. Thanks for the memory, had to share that with you.

Sometimes i really believe i was born in the wrong generation, motor racing was wicked in the 60s 70s and 80s, over here and in the US. The variety of cars i think is what makes the videos so good to watch. I think i would do anything to see some of those races in person.

Cheers people, next stock car id like to do is a 70/80s Mopar so if one pops up on ebay or something ill be sure to grab it. I also bought the Revell 55 Chevy street machine kit the other day so keep an eye on the workbench section in the next few days for my new thread.

Very nice build Dan, especially considering you were able to make it look that good with the kit based decals. And Dave Van is correct in saying on your next one flip the tires over and add decals. Nascar builds just look naked without tire markings in my opinion.

Guest Johnny

I forget which driver said it but I remember back in the old TNN broadcast days a driver saying "they paint them white so's that you know what you just ran over!" :lol:

The instructions on most of these models suck, in the picture on the box the whole interior is red too. Ive always thought they were white..

Daniel, thats a great looking model for sure, but the box actually got it right. The interior on the real car was the same red as the body, with a black dash.

Im not sure, im guessing it does but i try not to dick with it too much its not mine lol Cheers man.

Seems like some of you guys spend a fair bit of time doing research on the 1:1 version of your models before you make them, im impressed.