Model Cars Magazine Forum

29 Ford touring

Frank

I wanted a 29 touring to build a model of one I had when in my early 20's (so long ago). As none of the model companies make one I decided to kit bash one. It is a cut and shut of a Monogram 30 Ford touring and a Monogram 29 roadster pick-up.

This is what I'm up so far.

29tourer.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I have finished the kit bash. Here is mock-up to make sure everything fits.

Now it's off to have mold made for resin casting.

29tourermockup.jpg

What the fender section looks like. The white strip is for strenght until assembly.

29tourerfenders1.jpg

• 6 months later...

It's been a while since I posted an update. I was trying to find someone to do a resin mold of it, no one was interested :(

Here is what I am up to so far, the body & fenders have been painted Tamiya Maroon & Black. While I am waiting for the paint to harden I am working on the interior & chassis.

29tourercolour.jpg

More pics soon..........Frank

Edited by Frank

Frank, that looks great. on a side note, I believe in the late 80's, early 90's, Revell made a 29 ford touring in their HOTROD series. I may be wrong on what year it actually was. The one hobby shop near me has about 20 of those kits still sitting there from way back when. Mageck

Frank, that looks great. on a side note, I believe in the late 80's, early 90's, Revell made a 29 ford touring in their HOTROD series. I may be wrong on what year it actually was. The one hobby shop near me has about 20 of those kits still sitting there from way back when. Mageck

You must be thinking of the Revell 26-27 T touring on the Buttera chassis.

I wanted a 29 touring to build a model of one I had when in my early 20's (so long ago). As none of the model companies make one I decided to kit bash one. It is a cut and shut of a Monogram 30 Ford touring and a Monogram 29 roadster pick-up.

This is what I'm up so far.

29tourer.jpg

G'Day, Frank!

I also did a '29 Touring kitbash, but went a different way: Revell '29 R/Pickup and '31 Tudor sedan quarters. (Tudor tub)

Yours has matched up nicely, with the beltline you scratchbuilt down the sides. Love these Revell 'A's and Deuces! Very scale...

G'Day, Frank!

I also did a '29 Touring kitbash, but went a different way: Revell '29 R/Pickup and '31 Tudor sedan quarters. (Tudor tub)

Yours has matched up nicely, with the beltline you scratchbuilt down the sides. Love these Revell 'A's and Deuces! Very scale...

G'day Uncle Mike, got any pics of your Tudor tub sounds interesting.

G'day Uncle Mike, got any pics of your Tudor tub sounds interesting.

G'Day, Frank, thanks!

There's another good man on this site that has the way to post pictures...I've got to find that. I have a digital camera now, and have started in on some more of my old projects that sat too long!

Hey, I really liked that bit of signature you left; it is what I live by.

"If ya didn't build it, it ain't yours!"

My '29 Tub has been getting readied for its big bash...It is to be the scale "kookie ll", Norm Grabowski's latest rod...Cad power, long, swoopy Mopar shell, no fenders...

I wasn't taken by the car, the original one was "it" for me, especially in its original form; but the tub is a challenge to model! Amen: "Anything Grabowski"...