Model Cars Magazine Forum

open to suggestions

Romell R

Hey fellas im open to paint suggestions for the 69 Daytona Promod, I was gonna laydown a mural but now im not feelin that anymore. I have a few ideas in my head but I thought id open this up to you guys and see what you come up with. So if you have photos of a nice WILD! paint job feel free to post it and lets see what happens.

I think you need to design backwords. If you are thinking Mopar, then grab all the different current 1/25 slixx mopar sheets, see what is there, cut them apart and temp place the decals with double stick tape. Then lay out paint lines around the logos so they appear to be in scale. I'm finding that two Andy McCoy Duster decal sets can be split, modified to create 1/16th looking schemes. The big 1/25 Hamstra hood decal can be placed right next to the McCoy decals on the door. Looks like it was meant to be. I can spilt the side stripes along the center black area, make them as wide as I need and fill the center black areas with black paint. Look how great that roadster looked with the fram paint scheme. There are many 1/12 Red Bull bike/cars sets that could be the starting points......