Model Cars Magazine Forum

"PACER RACER"

Hey guys-need some help.i'm gonna start a new project.pacer pro -mod,i have nothing to refer to.can anybody help me out with any pacer drag car pictures-real or model?thanks for all your help.

Well there is a reason why you don't find pictures of this car. That is because this body style was a mistake when it was designed, in addition to being way to short for any Pro Mod type build.

Are you sure you are wanting to build it into the pro mod class? Or do you

mean pro stock, or gas classification?

Edited by eviltwincustoms

Of course it CAN be built to Pro Mod, but it wouldn't be fast enough in real life. I guess Pacer would be VERY cool Pro Mod car, even if it wouldn't be that fast. But without body modifications it would be something like this very cool Finnish Camaro Pro Mod.

_small.jpg?hash=2901

i think you have what could be a cool project. finding drag race photos of a pacer will be tough. finding anything fast is probably non-existant. i believe glenn has found the body answer for you. the rest is up to you. ask questions there are alot of good answers just waiting.

hey, if some one told me an old '55 shoebox wagon would have held the ADRL PX record in 3.50"s. i'd have scoffed.

if a shoe box wagon can do it.........why not a fishbowl?

here's the shoebox wagon.

IMGP22451.jpg

Edited by comp1839

Here's one buildup using the body shown above. This is evidence that it can be built into something somewhat cool looking. Not sure who the builder is or I would mention the name.

1398469971_856438_2053234053_n-vi.jpg

Now this isn't half bad in making the "Fish Bowl" look better. Kinda like polishing a turd.... you can only do so much with it. :D

Of course it CAN be built to Pro Mod, but it wouldn't be fast enough in real life. I guess Pacer would be VERY cool Pro Mod car, even if it wouldn't be that fast. But without body modifications it would be something like this very cool Finnish Camaro Pro Mod.

_small.jpg?hash=2901

this isnt a pro mod its pro street...