Model Cars Magazine Forum

To Clear Or Not Too Clear

I'm currently working on a 71 duster, i painted it sassy green with the hood painted flat black, i'm going to clear the body(not sure what brand of clear yet but deffinetly not krylon ) but i would like to know if i cleared the hood with a semi gloss clear will that take the flat black effect away or should i leave it and not clear the hood i really want the flat look

In my humble opinion, based on casual observation, and the fact I owned one a long time ago, those hoods weren't really "flat black" as much "semi-gloss".

I personally would one of two things. Clear the hood with semi gloss, or buff the flat black paint with a soft flannel cloth.

G

I painted this one with Krylon semi-gloss black. Clear is really not needed on semi-gloss or flat blacks.

652fe2292c.jpg

Also, just so you know, the quarter windows are a pain to install in those '71 Duster AMT kits. You will have some trimming to do on the windows.

I painted this one with Krylon semi-gloss black. Clear is really not needed on semi-gloss or flat blacks.

652fe2292c.jpg

Also, just so you know, the quarter windows are a pain to install in those '71 Duster AMT kits. You will have some trimming to do on the windows.

Thats a beautiful build....

652fe2292c.jpg

Is this "Real or Model"? That has the look!! Excellent work!