Model Cars Magazine Forum

1970 1/2 camaro 2jz gte swap

jdmfan

This is a amt 70 1/2 camaro. I painted it champange gold wit clear red over it the cleared . The wheels are pegasus sleeve's with a insert from another kit i had rims left over there painted light gun metal. The interior is flat white with black/silver accents. I swapped the motor to a toyota supra 2jz gte with a big single turbo. i scratch built the turbo/manifold from solder. i mad a intercooler and ran the piping from the turbo to the i.c to the intake manifold. I also made a oil catch can and ran braided line to it from the valve cover.

Hope you like it . Let me know what you think.

I know the motor is not everyones cup of tea but it is a swap that has been done in camaro's and i wanted to build a model with the swap

DSC02127.jpg

DSC02129.jpg

DSC02128.jpg

DSC02130.jpg

DSC02135.jpg

DSC02134.jpg

DSC02136.jpg

Edited by jdmfan

SHINY :) :) :) RULES! But a Toyota engine in a Chevy? Very different. Beware of feedback from the purists.

I'm one of those purists :lol: However, you did an amazing job. That is one very nice camaro and even though I really don't like the engine you chose to put in it, you did an excellent job with the detailing. Nice build!

STewart

Very cool. Great paint. I love the engine too - nice details and fit.

I don't know why people have qualms about cross-brand engine swaps. Why not put a powerful, cool looking engine in a cool looking car? Forget where it comes from, judge it based on looks and performance. Well, performance is kind of hard for a model, but perceived performance, I guess.

I am by no means a purist, in fact every car I've owned I had to modify in some way. I love the uniqueness of this build. Ain't that the whole point of being in this hobby? I mean push the limits and see what kind of new and creative things we can dream up. i personally love it and wish I could see it in real life!

nice job on the conversion and the details are fantastic! Clean execution and definitely different and that ain't all bad!

for those that might get upset over the Toyota motor in a Chebby, I ask if all of your '32 Fords have blue oval power????

Thanks for sharing!

Nice build. The car looks great and the engine detail is phenominal for a conversion of this type. I too am a diehard carburetor V8 guy, and when I think Camaro waaaaaa sshh sshh isn't what I think but hey- thats what makes the world go round. I get comments over my low stance and big diameter wheels all the time. It's all good. When I do think of Camaros though, I think of this......lol

Very nice work! Love the look and the wheels and I think the motor looks great!

Just don't let the "purists" get ya! Build What YOU Want! You are the only one you need to impress! If you build for what others will think, you loose the fun out of this hobby! Been There Done That! I took a few years away from this stuff, and am just now getting back into the swing of things!

Nice Camaro! Keep up the good work!

Cool build ! I'm a chevy guy to a tee ,and I really want to hate this but I can't LOL. I love the dare to be different build concept . Great build love the clean detail and Paint is perfect also!

I agree with Robert, but I reserve the right to demand equal time for the "Bowtie Brigade: How about stuffing the Supra kit full of CHEVY POWER??? :):lol::D:P