Model Cars Magazine Forum

sorry for the long delay in the updates folks, life and work issues tends to get in the way sometimes. also started another project for the NSRA Supernationals model build off, here in the UK and got my 1/16 resin extreme pro-mod camaro body from Flashpoint. have now got white primer on, and the engine in now in the main colour. its suposed to be hot over the next few days, so should get the rest of the colour on.

dscf1644n.jpg

dscf1674r.jpg

dscf1676p.jpg

dscf1677w.jpg

dscf1678q.jpg

dscf1680g.jpg

thanks for looking in.

steve

they are only part filled in accordance to the wheel size. if the wheels were smaller in diameter, there would be more clearance between the wheels and the inner wheels wells.

It's in paint at last. Have also started detailing the engine.

dscf1828mc.jpg

dscf1830p.jpg

dscf1832o.jpg

dscf1833x.jpg

dscf1836s.jpg

dscf1993dl.jpg

I am thinking of putting graphics and lettering on the doors. I have the Monogram 39 Chevy Panel with the Dr Feelgood transfers (decals), but the sheet has disappeared. I do have something else in mind though.

chemiwood is the uk name for renshape. basically a resin based material that can be machined, drilled, carved or howevr you see fit. it is normally used in prototyping, university projects and general pro-modelmaking.

got to work on my lathe, and machined a few parts. pulleys, brake discs and hubs, steering column, oil filter, starter motor, a couple of small tanks for the air ride system. I still have to machine up two instrument clocks, gear stick and petrol cap. the wheels and air tanks have been installed along with some engine parts. more to come........

dscf2055w.jpg

dscf2056w.jpg

dscf2057g.jpg

dscf2058tu.jpg

dscf2060t.jpg

dscf2063f.jpg

dscf2064c.jpg

By metalhead6464 at 2012-06-07

• 2 weeks later...

cheers guys.

some more progress has ben made. the clear has been applied and polished, (check the reflection in the engine cover). have almost done the interior, the small turned ally piece is the emergency brake. since the pics were taken, the pick-up bed cover has been painted to match the interior. the rear number plate is an early british plate that comes in kit form. it's made up from vinyl self-adhesive plates and letters. this was put on to a piece of sheet pewter and fixed to a length of plastic and inserted into the hole for a gas cap. the head lights were turned on my lathe as was the steering column, starter button, gear lever and clocks. centre console was made from chemiwood (renshape) and toggle switches from hobby design placed into the console and dash.

dscf2765z.jpg

dscf2767t.jpg

dscf2772r.jpg

dscf2773q.jpg

dscf2777a.jpg

dscf2781n.jpg

dscf2782p.jpg

dscf2783t.jpg

By metalhead6464 at 2012-06-22

steve

well the hopper truck is now done. i did a little more cleaning up after the pics were taken, as you always see something. i turned a pair of exhaust pipes on my lathe and made a spreader bar out of sheet aluminium.

more pics will be in the completed section.

dscf2790s.jpg

dscf2796y.jpg

dscf2800g.jpg

dscf2812h.jpg

hope you all enjoyed the build.

• 2 weeks later...