Model Cars Magazine Forum

76 Monte Carlo

novadose71

Built as a "what if it were nice" replica of the rusty primered Monte I had in the early 90's. Revell snap kit. I made the landau top into a full vinyl top, added parts box wheels and tires and a few interior details...otherwise it's right out of box. In keeping with the original, paint is Plasticote black sandable primer, but with duplicolor clear lacquer. Thanks for lookin'

IMG_4544.jpg

IMG_4610.jpg

IMG_4666.jpg

IMG_4535.jpg

IMG_4358.jpg

Rob:

This is some really nice work. I really enjoy the snap kits especially when you put some additional effort and imagination into them as you did here. Very clean build and a great addition to your collection!!!

Regards

Bill (Duntov)

This model takes me back to my high school days, before I got into small cars in general and Corvairs in particular... A black 1973-77 Monte Carlo was my dream car. I wanted the same basic car but with tan trim instead of the red (and after looking at your model, I'm beginning to think I was wrong), with those white letter tires wrapped around Chevy Rally wheels instead of your chrome jobs. I agree with Andy above - yours is the best example of this model I've seen so far.