Model Cars Magazine Forum

Old Monogram Parts Restored ?

If the above pic is of the "NEW" Blue Bandito, then I would be stoked!!! I, and many others have been bugging Revell over the past couple years about back dating the old Monogram hot rods back to their former glory, and it seems they finally listened. Judging by the lack of interest in this thread is a little disheartening, but I know there are a bunch that will find it a great thing!!!

John,

Many of us have been holding our breath too long waiting for the old Monogram hot rods to return...let's keep our fingers crossed that the trend continues. Like maybe the Little "T" with the wide whites and chrome reverse wheels and baby moons ?

• 8 months later...

There are a lot of kits I'd like to see parts restored to. But I bet many are lost being replaced by other inserts.

All the early Fords up through the 36 Ford had a bunch of cool stuff. The 30 Pheaton was a 8 in 1 kit at one time!!

But for now I'll just make my own and not pay collector prices.

Parts box build........

BLUEB1-vi.jpg

I just looooove that color,what did you use?

• 2 months later...

We had a thread on this not long ago IIRC..........

But agreed....the 1928 through 1936 Fords reissued in the same form as the 1960's era kits would be FANTASTIC!!!

I have two of them and love the many options each kit has. Seems the multiple option kits is kinda gone from RM.......R2 is

doing some....but these were really cool.

The 34 Ford has been retooled so many times and parts deleted and tossed.....I don't see RM retooling all of them.

They didn't seem like they were too happy with Blue Beetle retool......gone already and not to return.

Save your cash for an original if you want one.......

>They didn't seem like they were too happy with Blue Beetle retool......gone already and not to return.

how about some evidence of that? how is it "gone already" and especially "not to return"? and how exactly do you "know" this with enough certainty to post it like you really know and believe it?

if its some "industry" gossip from "insiders", then it probably isn't true. and I don't know how someone can say with any certainty at all that a newly revived kit is "not to return". that sounds to me like industry generated hype to help clear the shelves so they can reissue it again soon. in other words, pure BS. all too common around here these days, if you ask me.

jb

>They didn't seem like they were too happy with Blue Beetle retool......gone already and not to return.

how about some evidence of that? how is it "gone already" and especially "not to return"? and how exactly do you "know" this with enough certainty to post it like you really know and believe it?

if its some "industry" gossip from "insiders", then it probably isn't true. and I don't know how someone can say with any certainty at all that a newly revived kit is "not to return". that sounds to me like industry generated hype to help clear the shelves so they can reissue it again soon. in other words, pure BS. all too common around here these days, if you ask me.

jb

Per Ed Sexton via my employer Dave Burkett at Model King. I really hope that's good enough. Working in the industry for almost 30+ years now I DO NOT DEAL IN RUMOR. Thanks!!

I do see why 99% of the other folks that work in the hobby have left all forums.......looks like my time is near too.

Edited by Dave Van