Model Cars Magazine Forum

Old Monogram Parts Restored ?

Folks,

Is it just me or would other's like to see Monogram restore the old parts to some of their older reissues ?

For starters, how about the Wide whites w chrome reverse wheels and baby moons on the "Little T" reissue ?

Maybe the wide whites again with the spoked mags and slicks and the chrome reverse with knock offs on their " 1930 woodie wagon" ?

Possibly the stock parts, wheels tires etc. on the 1940 Ford Pick-up ?

And finally, the white walls spoked mags and slicks, chrome reverse wheels and knock offs on their "Little Deuce" and while they're at it how about putting the Pontiac motor back in the kit as well ?

I'd sure like another crack at building those kits that I couldn't when I was a kid without scouring the countryside for replacement parts...

Edited by Pete L.

Folks,

Is it just me or would other's like to see Monogram restore the old parts to some of their older reissues ?

For starters, how about the Wide whites w chrome reverse wheels and baby moons on the "Little T" reissue ?
Maybe the wide whites again with the spoked mags and slicks and the chrome reverse with knock offs on their " 1930 woodie wagon" ?
Possibly the stock parts, wheels tires etc. on the 1940 Ford Pick-up ?
And finally, the white walls spoked mags and slicks, chrome reverse wheels and knock offs on their "Little Deuce" and while they're at it how about putting the Pontiac motor back in the kit as well ?

I'd sure like another crack at building those kits that I couln't when I was a kid without scouring the countryside for replacement parts...

Pete, I'm on board with this idea ANY DAY !!!!!!!!!! Edited by Eshaver

There are a lot of kits I'd like to see parts restored to. But I bet many are lost being replaced by other inserts.

All the early Fords up through the 36 Ford had a bunch of cool stuff. The 30 Pheaton was a 8 in 1 kit at one time!!

But for now I'll just make my own and not pay collector prices.

Parts box build........

BLUEB1-vi.jpg

There are a lot of kits I'd like to see parts restored to. But I bet many are lost being replaced by other inserts.

All the early Fords up through the 36 Ford had a bunch of cool stuff. The 30 Pheaton was a 8 in 1 kit at one time!!

But for now I'll just make my own and not pay collector prices.

Parts box build........

BLUEB1-vi.jpg

WOW!! I like this

and I am on board...

ohhh... yes, please; restore the original parts to these classics. not sure if the '40 Ford ever HAD stock parts.... but, YES, it needs them. if all the Monogram rods were reissued, i'd probably make the switch over to 1/24th for good.... (no, not really, but...)

I'd love to see some of the old kits get back dated to original specs, if a smallish company like Round 2 can do it with the AMT and MPC stuff, a big company like Great Planes/Hobbico should be more than solvent enough to do the same with the Monogram and Revell stuff.

ohhh... yes, please; restore the original parts to these classics. not sure if the '40 Ford ever HAD stock parts.... but, YES, it needs them. if all the Monogram rods were reissued, i'd probably make the switch over to 1/24th for good.... (no, not really, but...)

The Monogram '40 pickup when first released had a fully stock version possible, except for the "diamond tufted" interior.

Art

I have been hoping for a few Monogram kits to return to their original form for years, and while I doubt either the '40 Ford pickup nor '32 Ford roadster will happen in the near future (both were re-issued within the last twelve months), I could see one or two being restored, so to speak.

They have invested some money in the Rommel's Rod and Circus Wagon kits, and the Black Widow was also cleaned and new tires created. The Little T and Blue Beetle would be prime candidates, as we don't need any more '29 Ford roadster pickups with 5-slot wheels and bed stakes, and we know they have the tire tooling for the Little T which I believe is shared with the Orange Hauler, Lil Coffin, and Boothill Express kits- all of which have been reissued in their original form.

Sadly, I think Dave Van is probably right, and the original tooling inserts are long gone for some of these kits. Yes, they could spend the money to recreate them, but I'm not sure that will happen more than once every few years.

Greg, Im workin' on them! Ive got the Little Tee, the 30 Coupe/Cabriolet, the 30 Phaeton, stuff to do the Blue Beetle, think I can do the Red Chariot, the custom version of the 34 Coupe/roadster. I am only missing wheels/tires for the woody. Its been a pain in the neck and wallet. I would love to see the original versions reissued!

• 2 years later...

If the above pic is of the "NEW" Blue Bandito, then I would be stoked!!! I, and many others have been bugging Revell over the past couple years about back dating the old Monogram hot rods back to their former glory, and it seems they finally listened. Judging by the lack of interest in this thread is a little disheartening, but I know there are a bunch that will find it a great thing!!!

I would like to see the 40 Ford pickup returned to it's original issue.They're selling on eBay for around 300 dollars.There's one on eBay right now that's bidded up to 350 dollars.

I'd love to see the 34 and 36 fords returned to their original forms...and all the Monogram classic cars too.

Add the Little Deuce, Yellow Jacket, 30 Ford Phaeton to the wish list.