Model Cars Magazine Forum

I've been given a Krupp to review for the Dutch IPMS. In mine opinion, it is one of the better looking trucks ever build, with it's round shapes and added chrome. It has something extra to it.

Due to the fact it is a review-model, the build will be mostly OOB, but I will add some extra details in wiring and stuff. I haven''t made pictures yet, but the chassis is mostly assembled and so is the cabin. (I didn't followed the instructions, where I have to assemble the painted cabinparts around the interior).

I hope to show some pictures tomorrow. In the meanwhile I give you the box-art:

aankoop329.jpg

Looking forward to seeing this built, I have the original release to build (One Day !), TMW did a review article back in 1998 when it was first released and it got a very good review, it's a very nice model to build

Thanks guys, What is TMW though? sounds somewhat familiar. I think it is a very nice kit too, the detail is nice but a lot of parts needs clean-up, but that is to be expected from Revell and not very bad thing either.

I made today the first pictures:

This is how the partly assembled chassis looks like now, I will add some more parts and start some detailling before it will get it's paintcoat.

krupp002.jpg

The tent for the back has been glued together, I don't think I will use it in the end, but wanted to glue something together

krupp003.jpg

Here is where I went away from the manual, it said that I had to build the cabin around the interior, but in order to get everything nicely painted, I decided to put the cabin together before the end-assembly.

krupp004.jpg

I also added the firewall

krupp005.jpg

krupp006.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

After some busy time at the racetrack, I managed to work on the Krupp again. I finally thought of a nice colorscheme and work started on the bodywork.

As with everything, I started with putting the bodywork in primer.

krupp010.jpg

krupp011.jpg

I had to alter the roof a little bit, I glued the overheadcabinets in, since that part will stick out the cabin. This way I can fill the seem and shoot it in bodycolor.

krupp014.jpg

And the first color (Ferrari's Rubino Micalizzato) on the bodywork.

krupp015.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks Dan!

After a long busy period, I managed to get some more work done on the Krupp. I actually want to finish it within the next 2 weeks. So I can finish up some other work.

I started yesterday morning with the frame, it is now red semigloss and is ready to receive more parts.

krupp020.jpg

This is the finished rear-axle.

krupp021.jpg

Front axle

krupp022.jpg

And the start on the engine, which is nicely detailed, but that will be visible later on in this update

krupp023.jpg

Some more parts added to the frame

krupp024.jpg

Thanks guys! I hope to post a nice update tomorrow, since I clearcoated all the parts that needed to be. I basically have the frame altogether, except for where I had to wait on the bodyparts.

@Old Albion, correct, actually this engine consist of 2 3cilinder 2-stroke engines, welded together to get a straight six

Thanks Rodney!

I managed to clearcoat the bodyparts on sunday evening, so after a night drying, today was the day to resume assembly.

The fenders do align hard, so I added the cabin to guide me and hold those fenders in the right spot while the glue is drying.

krupp041.jpg

A lot of tape was needed to keep the bumper and front lower grille to it's place.

krupp042.jpg

Top view

krupp043.jpg

The exhaust had to be dissassembled, the fenders can't be attached when the exhaust is already glued on.

krupp044.jpg

It starts to look like a truck

krupp045.jpg