Model Cars Magazine Forum

Another MOVIN' ON W-900 "Comission build" Finished 5-12-12

A friend saw my Movin'on W-900... I said I would build one from his kit for hin with modest detail "Curbside" shelf model. He wanted it to look very close to mine with a couple of differences...No headache rack and no air ride and use the AMT Kit wheels and tires and hendricksen "walking beam" rear suspension...Yeah, I'm doing this as it is a paying job...So heres some in progress pics... IMG_2913.jpgIMG_2918.jpgIMG_2917.jpgIMG_2916.jpgIMG_2920.jpgIMG_2922.jpgIMG_2911.jpgIMG_2914.jpgIMG_2915.jpgIMG_2903.jpg Thanks for following along

Edited by Missing in Action

That is coming along great. Did you lengthen the AMT frame? Looks longer than what I remember seeing. What paint did you use for you built up, looks like a great match. That is on my to do list one day, I loved that show when I was growing up. Keep us posted with more as you go.

That is coming along great. Did you lengthen the AMT frame? Looks longer than what I remember seeing. What paint did you use for you built up, looks like a great match. That is on my to do list one day, I loved that show when I was growing up. Keep us posted with more as you go.

Hey Mike!! I stretched the frame 2'' ,My truck is painted with Testors Mystic Emerald #1845...Thanks!!

These are fantastic. So what kits do i need to build an acurate "Movin on" rig ? I've got the W900 Australia, the ROG W900 that's all molded in redI (yuck) & the W900 Aerodyne, also got an unopened "Movin on" kit. Loved this show as a kid so much so i've just bought it on DVD.

These are fantastic. So what kits do i need to build an acurate "Movin on" rig ? I've got the W900 Australia, the ROG W900 that's all molded in redI (yuck) & the W900 Aerodyne, also got an unopened "Movin on" kit. Loved this show as a kid so much so i've just bought it on DVD.

Hey Phil !! I used the AMT MOVIN' ON kit and stretched it 2'' and added a ROG 60'' W-900 sleeper,added Revell Snap-tite battery boxes. ROG rims and Italeri tires....And several trips to the parts box!! LOL!! And the ROG W-900's are more wrong than right for this build...The hood is too long,the frame is too flemsy and weak looking and all around more fragile and the plastic is easily distorted with some different adhesives...So, go easy on the glue!! Good luck with your build!! Post pics when you get going on it too!!

Seeing those two trucks together reminds me of an episode where they get a dark kw and paint it green so they have two trucks. I think one was a decoy or something, too long ago for me to remember correctly but just another excuse to buy another couple of kits to replicate the truck.

Seeing those two trucks together reminds me of an episode where they get a dark kw and paint it green so they have two trucks. I think one was a decoy or something, too long ago for me to remember correctly but just another excuse to buy another couple of kits to replicate the truck.

That was in the pilot...

They had to rent a truck to get the load out in one shot...

Truck number two was brown IIRC...

Later...

Hey Phil !! I used the AMT MOVIN' ON kit and stretched it 2'' and added a ROG 60'' W-900 sleeper,added Revell Snap-tite battery boxes. ROG rims and Italeri tires....And several trips to the parts box!! LOL!! And the ROG W-900's are more wrong than right for this build...The hood is too long,the frame is too flemsy and weak looking and all around more fragile and the plastic is easily distorted with some different adhesives...So, go easy on the glue!! Good luck with your build!! Post pics when you get going on it too!!

Thanks for the tips, greatly appreciated, not sure if i want to open my Movin on kit though as it's still factory sealed & yes i know they are for building, i've got a few rear kits opened & started but this one is kinda special, maybe someones got a spare 925 hood they could sell me. Anyway thanks again & i will post pics when it's done, just waiting on the paint & being in the land down under things take time to arrive.

• 2 weeks later...