Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 1969 Camaro with a touch of custom. Okay maybe more. Update 4-1-12

'08SEAL

I was going to have this as a drag car look-alike but when I started playing Need For Speed: The Run, there is this 60-somethin camaro 383 "Hunter Edition" and it comepletly inspired this build.

I got the body in the purple pond so I started on the interior. The interior was flat tan with red details but that is going to change. I am thinking semi-gloss black. I didn't just want a 4 Point roll cage, or a 6 point roll cage, so I went with a 5 point. it started with the Dart roll cage and a empty srue. Here it is.

DSC03288.jpg

DSC03286.jpg

DSC03285.jpg

Here it is with a begining details and the interior bucket.

DSC03292.jpg

DSC03284.jpg

And here is the Chevy Orange engine. Red bell-housing, silver tranny.

DSC03290.jpg

DSC03289.jpg

Here are the wheels, I have different ones,(that actually fit in the tires) in the pond getting chrome off. Same wheel idea diffent length.

DSC03291.jpg

Tell me what you think.

Edited by '08SEAL

Just out of curiousity , why is the starter trying to stir the oil ? Let's see some more photos so We know what you are up to .

Lane, as stated above, your starter is upside down and 90 degrees from its real location - easy fix. It turns the flywheel which is located between the engine block and transmission.

Guys, he's only 12 so he needs straight answers. Lane, the starter should be mounted lengthwise on the block, so the bendix gear can engage the flywheel, which is bolted to the crankshaft, and spins the engine, allowing it to start. I have never used the stock dual 4bbl intake on that kit, so I don't know whats wrong with it.Hth. :);)

Guys, he's only 12 so he needs straight answers. Lane, the starter should be mounted lengthwise on the block, so the bendix gear can engage the flywheel, which is bolted to the crankshaft, and spins the engine, allowing it to start. I have never used the stock dual 4bbl intake on that kit, so I don't know whats wrong with it.Hth. :);)

Yup that simplified it for me. now i can fix it. Thanks george

Even at 12 years of age I'm assuming there are instructions to be read,understood,and followed. Building models of any kind is not a video game (yet).

Lane, you just keep doing what you're doing. If you can't figure out how to do something, feel free to ask any of us who actaully care about the future of this great hobby of ours. There sometimes seem to be too many guys on here ready to jump down a kid's throat for making a small mistake. Your skills are light-years ahead of where mine were when I was your age. 1960's automotive technology doesn't necessarily line up with 21st century cars. Most cars today drive the front wheels from engines mounted crosswise, while your Camaro drives the rears from an engine mounted fore and aft. So you didn't get the starter on it right the first time? Easily fixed. The air cleaner? You got that right - I don't see what anyone sees wrong with it. The 2 4-barrel carburetors are mounted on a crossram manifold diagonally to each other, so the air cleaner is mounted diagonally too! The car in the screen shot is a 1967 model, but as you pointed out, any first-generation Camaro would work out pretty well for a build like this. In fact, the '68 model has identical sheetmetal with the addition of side marker lights on the fenders and quarter panels. Technically, the '67 also has vent windows in the doors which the car pictured doesn't have, but those are often removed from racing cars.

The only thing I'd suggest is to consider going over to a 6-point rollbar setup. Your front downtube doesn't have any hard point to mount to except the floorboard. It should go to a frame member for proper protection. That Camaro is a unit-body car with front and rear subframes, but the subframe mounting points are beefy enough to handle the stresses of the rollbar.

I had no idea of the lads age, so my apologies. I will give some advice, now knowing that. Glue the engine block together, and sand the seam, nice and smooth before painting. Also clean the excess plastic, from the parts before painting/gluing. Gives a cleaner look. Your on the right track.

Even at 12 years of age I'm assuming there are instructions to be read,understood,and followed. Building models of any kind is not a video game (yet).

Really really!!!! At the age of twelve 1. Great work buddu

2. The april quote offended me before i knew his age, now it really ts me off

3. MISTAKES are the best way to learn and are the first step to self improvement.

4. Lay off what were u building at 12 everyone wants youngsters in the hobby wonder why they go elsewhere read above

Keep on building buddy do it your way i know how it feels to b critisizes for having your own style

Calm down, Jeff. Take a breath. Lanny was being funny ~ meant no offense ~ and Mike makes a good point ... pertinent for any age.

At any age, even at 12, read the instructions first and if they are confusing, fire up a question on the internet in a forum like this ... and you can't go wrong.

B) - censored.gif

Thanks Guys. It really means alot. I know I have alot of post because I love building. I honestly don't care what people say, people could say my builds stink, people say meaner things at school. It never really bothers me until they bring my family in. I will get some more pictures when I can.