Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

W900 Rebuild (repost)

5 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Hey fellas...

So far... I've had builders block for over a year now. I started a project but only seem to have the inspiration to build maybe twice a month. So I thought I'd repost a project I finished a few years ago. There are some new builders that might not have seen this for the rest you might recall it.

I got this W925 kit off ebay when I got back into model building in '01 or '02. I built this as a heavy haul truck that turned out to be a 5' model. Looked good from 5' back. I rebuilt it several months later using a 359 kit for a chassis donor making it a day cab. Fast forward a few years later I decided instead of opening new kits I'll rebuild projects I had built previously that weren't assembled well from where I rushed to finish. So this W925 again was rebuilt. This one has got to be one of my favorites in my collection. It might not be museum quality built but it turned out exactly how I envisioned it!

Thanks for looking!!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/9495602@N02/sets/72157607023292098/

Edited by Semi Trailer Mechanic

Posted · Report post

Very nice Scott that tire rack gives me an idea. thanks alot ! great work and get back into building get out of that slump!Chad

Posted · Report post

Looks good now great truck love the 5 holes where did you get them

Posted · Report post

i like the driver of this truck's reading material. very nice kw

Posted (edited) · Report post

Thanks fellas...

The rims are from various Paystar 5000 kits that I modified. I used scale bolts to make the lugs.

Edited by Semi Trailer Mechanic