Model Cars Magazine Forum

Contest Issue arrived today.

The contest issue arrived at my local hobby store today and it's got great coverage from shows all over the states. Lots of great builds being shown but I'm rather dissapointed that there were no shows from the Southeast featured. I know that there were people representing Model Cars at some really good shows last year and I know that that there is only so much room in the contest issue but it's still a shame not to at least see photos from the Atlanta NNL from last year. Regardless, it's still a great issue.

Hey, Wayne's remarks bring to mind a question ... When Darryl Gassaway "retired," Model Cars advertised for a West Coast/Southwest photographer to cover the shows and contests of CA, AZ, NV, etc.

Who was selected and what became of that?

B)

Hey, Wayne's remarks bring to mind a question ... When Darryl Gassaway "retired," Model Cars advertised for a West Coast/Southwest photographer to cover the shows and contests of CA, AZ, NV, etc.

Who was selected and what became of that?

B)

I'm not really sure, however there are four shows featured in this issue from CA and AZ and two were submitted by Darryl and the other two by Jeff Miller.

Don't look now, but Gregg and Harry snuck what appears to be a peak at the future into the Contest Issue. On page 27 there is a Model Cars subscription ad, and it caught my eye because I did not remember having seen John T's fabulous Blower Bentley in the mag. I looked a little closer and then I saw the photo of my own Allison Rayson-Craft how-to, which definitely hasn't appeared on the cover to date. I soon realized the ad included mockups of what appear to be the covers of the next two issues, alongside the current issue. Check it out.

And congratulations to all whose work appeared in the Contest issue. Best regards....TIM

Don't look now, but Gregg and Harry snuck what appears to be a peak at the future into the Contest Issue. On page 27 there is a Model Cars subscription ad, and it caught my eye because I did not remember having seen John T's fabulous Blower Bentley in the mag. I looked a little closer and then I saw the photo of my own Allison Rayson-Craft how-to, which definitely hasn't appeared on the cover to date. I soon realized the ad included mockups of what appear to be the covers of the next two issues, alongside the current issue. Check it out.

Busted! :D

And congratulations to all whose work appeared in the Contest issue. Best regards....TIM

Small print was too small to read so I thouight those were maybe back issues that I had missed. Good to know what to look for.

I picked up my copy yesterday and what a great issue it is. A lot of great looking cars. I was lucky enough to have two of mine in the magazine from the AZ show. Also wanted to say thanks to Harry because a 3rd one of mine actually made the cover. I felt it was an honor for it to be on the cover, no idea how it made it but it did. Thank you!

Got mine a couple of days ago. Front cover looked to be in great shape, then I flipped it over. :P:rolleyes::blink: Oh well. I like the contest issues, I just wonder, is ther any way to include reviews and what's new in them? I really miss that in the contest issue.

Also wanted to say thanks to Harry because a 3rd one of mine actually made the cover. I felt it was an honor for it to be on the cover, no idea how it made it but it did. Thank you!

Basically I picked models that represent a wide variety of subject matter... and that I thought would look good on the cover. :D

Basically I picked models that represent a wide variety of subject matter... and that I thought would look good on the cover. :D

Thanks again Harry. You and Greg do an awesome job on the Magazine. I can't wait for the next issue already ;) .