Model Cars Magazine Forum

GMC General Cab and Chassis "Done" 3/31/2012

Guy's.....the original thread was getting pretty long...thus this one.

I hope the final stretch is nearing...the cab is almost completed...new photo-etch grille is on the way...and final mounting should be this weekend....completed pictures will be posted soon...

Thank you to everyone who followed and commented on this build. Have a great Summer......Kurt

DSC09213.jpg

DSC09217.jpg

DSC09225.jpg

DSC09231.jpg

DSC09233.jpg

Edited by Turbo590

hey kurt thats a really nice build alot of detail. i like the pennsy inspection sticker aswell as the weight class and the ifta stickers. where did you get those? i live in the keystone too. and would'nt mind having a set of those. if you're making them i have some general parts to trade.

hey kurt thats a really nice build alot of detail. i like the pennsy inspection sticker aswell as the weight class and the ifta stickers. where did you get those? i live in the keystone too. and would'nt mind having a set of those. if you're making them i have some general parts to trade.

PM sent...

Everyone....thank you for all the great feedback

More work was done this evening...hope to have it buttoned up this weekend, minus the grille

Thanks, Kurt

Nice job on the detriot, my detriot is detroit grean you are great on th detail. Are those air horns after market. The detail is nice. is that also made to look like rubber mounted. you have done a nice job Kurt. :rolleyes:

Those are actually thin plastic disks made to look like rubber...with holes punched in them to mount the horns. The horns are aluminum from KFS.

Kurt

Edited by Turbo590

All,

I am calling this one 99.9% completed. Other than the new grille coming, and hood hinge pins...finally...

What a kit this turned out to be...with all of it obsticles and challenges...This was a monumental task for me just to finish it personally...

Thank you to everyone who followed this build and all the great feedback....until next time...Happy modeling, Kurt

DSC09275.jpg

DSC09264.jpg

DSC09267.jpg

Ahhh Man!!! Beautiful! I like everything about it, The tires, the wheels, the horns, the exhausts, the rain caps, the paint, the interior, the frame, the grill, the fuel tank,the engine was great. Beautiful detailing. Great paint, great aluminum finishes. Very nice GMC General. :D

Ahhh Man!!! Beautiful! I like everything about it, The tires, the wheels, the horns, the exhausts, the rain caps, the paint, the interior, the frame, the grill, the fuel tank,the engine was great. Beautiful detailing. Great paint, great aluminum finishes. Very nice GMC General. :D

x2

.....Now onto your 379 eh? :lol: