Model Cars Magazine Forum

Old school hot rod 2

Harry P.

CS5 Extended (version 12)

Thought so. What's your day 'gig', that you're so proficient with P-shop? I'm a graphic designer by trade, so have used the Adobe Suite for some time. Your skills suggest that you either just really have a passion for Photoshop, or you use it for some other pursuit, (job) as well. In any event, love your work!!

Thought so. What's your day 'gig', that you're so proficient with P-shop? I'm a graphic designer by trade, so have used the Adobe Suite for some time. Your skills suggest that you either just really have a passion for Photoshop, or you use it for some other pursuit, (job) as well. In any event, love your work!!

I'm a graphic designer. I've been using Photoshop for about 20 years. Before that I used an airbrush and illustration board. Yeah, back in the "dark ages" when we still actually created artwork by hand. Imagine that!!! :lol:

I also work in Illustrator for different styles of illustration, and sometimes I combine elements that I create in Illustrator into a Photoshop illustration, because some things are easier to create in Illustrator. And I do the magazine layout using InDesign. So I'm a big fan of Adobe software! :D

Here are a few more illustrations I did with Photoshop (yes, I know, not model car related)...

jimi.jpg

samantha.jpg

elvis.jpg

angelina.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have been doing Photography, and Photo develeping for over fifty years, and still shoot and develope My own film. I enjoy doing special effects on my images with an airbrush, but I am only a hobbiest. I have admired your work Harry for many years, and I really liked your airbrush Artistry. People don't realize the amount of talent it takes to do the work you do!

• 2 weeks later...

Harry.....WOW!!!!.......I had now idea ,that you did portraits like this?.......these are just AWESOME!!!!.......I really like Samantha and Jolie.......WOW!!!! :wub:

Thanks! Yeah, I have a lot more. I love doing them. Back in the "old days" I used airbrush and illustration board, now I use Photoshop. So far, Photoshop has never clogged up on me! :lol:

Maybe it's never clogged up on you, but can you sniff Photoshop's fumes? :lol:

Great work, Harry! Great talent to have.

B)

No fumes. No clogged tips. Never run out of a color, unlimited colors always available. No need to buy frisket, etc.

Pretty much no downside.

Having taught old school graphic art and illustration, I know of frisket, amberlith, zipatone, bendays and a few other old school processes. I work in PS and Illustrator myself but nothing like your work Harry. Love it, all of it.