Model Cars Magazine Forum

Anybody on here start the London Bus from revell?

Not sure if a bus is considered a truck, looked around the forum and did a search for the london bus and did not find anything, is anyone on the forum planning on building one and posting progress here? I just picked up the kit and need a lot of inspiration and research material to do this beauty of a kit (imo) justice, want to do a super detail on this one.

I have a couple to build, but haven't made a start yet, what info' do you need ?? I have plenty of reference photo's of the Routemaster bus, PM me your email address, and I'll get a load over to you, if I can answer any questions you have, I will ...

Got one and plan to build it. Not sure when though. According to my sources a photoetched grill is going to come into being. Again, I don´t know when. But once a see-through mesh is installed, there is need to make the front of radiator too and some other stuff as well. You can see through the grill mesh on the real bus quite easily.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah i was wondering about that grille.To bad revell didnt think of a little photo grill for the kit i think ill put mine on the back burner and she what the aftermarket comes up with on this kit. Someone may come up with a whole bunch of stuff.

Edited by Darren B

I got one and started it. Have the frame and wheels done to the point of paint. But been so busy lately with work that it got sidelined. Can't wait to play with it.

BUT, be careful with the instruction sheet. Some of the parts are drawn backwards from the actual assembly. Mostly showing some of the rim parts in the rear wheels assembled wrong on the sheet, so use your best judgement.

• 8 months later...

I got one and started it. Have the frame and wheels done to the point of paint. But been so busy lately with work that it got sidelined. Can't wait to play with it.

BUT, be careful with the instruction sheet. Some of the parts are drawn backwards from the actual assembly. Mostly showing some of the rim parts in the rear wheels assembled wrong on the sheet, so use your best judgement.

thanks for the heads up, if i ever get back into this build i ll keep an eye out got burnt out on all of the seat painting and decaling.