Model Cars Magazine Forum

In the path of destruction

My dog chewed up a Fujimi 1/16 Ferrari BB512 tire once. It was my fault for leaving it out where she could reach it, so of course I didn't yell at her.

A Monogram Packard boattail speedster that I entered in a contest melted in my back seat. After the contest, I put it back in its little display case and put it in my car. It sat there for about a week, but it was February. What's the worst that could happen? It looked like someone put it in the oven.

This wife sits and watches. She appreciates what I can do, and thinks my builds are all "cute". Those forum members who have met her know what I mean when I say she's a keeper.

G

Sounds very much like Heather, Wayne. She doesn't get it, but she finds the whole process fascinating at the same time. I think I might grab her a Star Trek themed model and we might build it together. Good therapy for her with a bad hand, couple time, and something she can be proud of when she's done. Works for me all around.

I've had a couple of close calls over the years, but some of these stories make me wince in pain, just thinking about it. I feel for each of you.

Charlie Larkin