Model Cars Magazine Forum

Redwood Region Logging Conference 2012, Pt 2 Heavy equipment

In addition to trucks there was a display of misc heavy equipment used in logging over the years. Unfortunately we don't have a lot of options for models of this stuff in 1/25, but the smaller scales offer a bit more.

Part 1 is located here

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=55845

Leading off with a 1952 IH TD-24 with a logging attachment for skidding logs.

1952TD241.jpg

1952TD242.jpg

1952TD243.jpg

1952TD244.jpg

1952TD245.jpg

1952TD246.jpg

1952TD247.jpg

I couldn't remember who did the diecast or of which, but I thought there was an IH of some sort available, thanks.

My computer started misbehaving last night so I had to quit posting. I got a few from an earlier period of time.

Towed grader

Grader1.jpg

Grader2.jpg

Grader3.jpg

Grader4.jpg

No sorry that is all I got of the traction engine. It was kind of surrounded by stuff on all sides making it hard to get good photos. It is also quite tall as you may guess from the last photo, so I couldn't even get a shot of the cab (maybe if I held the camera over my head, but I think quality would have suffered :P ).

Not sure where it was from but a lot of the vehicles are from a collection in Willits which is about 1/2 an hour north of me. If it is part of that collection I might be able to get better photos of it in the future.