Model Cars Magazine Forum

Montana Gold

Anybody had any experience with this paint, as their color range is superb. Its for graffiti artists primarily but its got a couple of shades I've been after and thought of decanting it and sticking it in the Airbrush.

From what little I have gathered its quite thick (hence the idea of decanting and thinning) I just wanted a heads up if any have some tips already.

Cheers

Chris

FordGT40-1.jpg

I used the Montana Gold Linden Green for this Fujimi Ford GT40. I had to special order this color from Dick Blick and found the paint is about $2 cheaper online than in the stores (although shipping charges will take away that advantage), as the Blick Stores carry a small selection of the colors (at least the two stores around me). This stuff IS thick ... it reminded me of foam when I did some test spraying ... so decanting the paint for use in an airbrush is definitely recommended.

The paint covers quite nicely, I thought.

Edited by gwangi-boy

I used a lacquer thinner after decanting it, and would add a little more thinner and then stir until the consistency looked right. Even then, I was surprised at how well this paint covered ... one of the easiest body painting jobs I've done with an airbrush.