Model Cars Magazine Forum

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN: My $7 Quick Build

ismaelg

Hello!

I did it! A quick build!!!! I built this model from start to finish in 5 weeks, and that is with 4 days out in Boston and 5 additional days out of town.

This is the $7 Boxster snap kit. Technically, the only item bought for this was the Pegasus brakes set. The wheels were previously bought for another project so they were sitting in another box :lol:

That's a Jairus Watson painting on the wall (Yellow Carrera GT)

DSCF6349b.jpg

This should be a blast to drive... Fun little car with an extra punch

DSCF6327b.jpg

I like the stance. Almost un-noticeable lower in the front for a more agressive look.

DSCF6338b.jpg

DSCF6336c.jpg

"Turbo"!!! This word changes everything.....

DSCF6331b.jpg

Notice the Turbo emblem on the glovebox and the programmable turbo boost gauge in the center console

DSCF6332b.jpg

Of course, a reference book and a model of itself are part of the package :lol:

DSCF6347b.jpg

I tried but I just couldn't leave the chassis all black. Not a lot but some color underneath

Porsche Seal Gray (OK, Cobra Colors Ferrari Grigio Titanio Metallic)

Removed windbreaker between the seats and replaced with acetate. The kit's unit looked like 3" armor glass :lol:

Seatbelts, buckles, key in the ignition, steering column levers, turbo script, additional boost gauge, photoreduced instrument cluster.

Aluminum exhaust tips.

Opened the front grilles and added mesh behind to protect the intercoolores and bigger radiators (play along OK?)

Photoreduced fender emblem and wheel centers.

Having this NOT be a quick build, I would have done a few things differently. I'm not overly in love with the tail lights, and the headlights could be tweaked a bit more.

That's my third and last Porsche for now. Now I need either another Ferrari to break the tie or 3 Lambos to make it a 3 way tie :D

Now back to the C6-R

Your comments are appreciated.

Thanks,

Nice work 8) Great color. Grigio Titanio looks fantastic on it.

I like the extra details, they really help the model. The basic kit is fine, but those taillights are pretty hard to deal with when amber parts are molded as red :roll:

I like the big contrast between how your Boxster came out and my bare-bones Boxster turned out. I have a matching Cayman cooking in my mind...

Man! that came out amazing just like all the other builds of yours i have seen in the forum ,for a snap kit you sure brought out all the details, looks amazing! Dou you make your own plates or have them done somewhere?

ISMAEL!!!!!

WOW. How can said that you build a snap kit?

Tu trabajo es impresionante! Se ve super nítido!

Tengo que preguntar: De donde rayos tu sacas el marmete y la tablilla boricua?... Eso le da un toque realmente brutal a tus modelos. Ademas de las excelentes replicas de miniaturas que añades a tus modelos.

Great job! See you later!