Model Cars Magazine Forum

1978 Chevy Bison log truck

I used the reissue of the old AMT kit of the Chevy Bison for this truck. i've always liked the look of the Bison and General conventionals. I used the reissue Peerless trailer for it and added a short frame extention on the rear of the truck frame. I used a set of spare 5 hole Budd steel wheels for the rear drivers, and replaced the kit airbag suspension with a

Hendrickson setup off of a Chevy Titan cab over. I used Krylon red and grey paint for the color scheme. I used various kit and home made decals for the markings. I wanted a basic no frills company truck, with a little bit of chrome.

P1010149.jpg

P1010150.jpg

P1010153-1.jpg

P1010152-2.jpg

P1010155-1.jpg

Cheers:

Bill

Bill,

Nice work on the Bison.

I like you, have always admired these trucks from GM.

How was your kit mold wise?, Mine was terrible..and I had the first issue of the General. Nothing fit right

Again, nice logging rig/trailer

Kurt

Thanks guys:

Kurt the main problem I had was getting the fender straight when attaching them to the hood. Also the hood sides were a little warped but I got it fixed. Aligning the hinge pins on the fenders was kind of a pain also.

Cheers:

Bill

• 8 months later...