Model Cars Magazine Forum

Obscure Kits You Never Knew Were Made...Until Now

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Would be interesting to see if that German version is a rebox or copy of the Pyro kit.. maybe the scale is wrong on the box.

Yep, wrong scale on the box. I've had at least two of the MK Modelle "texan" and it's a 1/32 scale kit. Tires are molded in black plastic, not rubber. I still have a built one that is fully chromed!!!

Edited by Chromecop

OK, so...how many of You knew about these two kits Before today?

scaleapprox1-29.jpg

Made by Company Scalecraft and the estimated scale (according to the figure driver) is 1/29 or thereabout.

scale1-26.jpg

DKW Munga by Company Leyla. Scale is given on the box 1/26.

And yes...they´re both in my stash!

The steam traction engine would be cool.

You really need to see these beasts in action. In Wisconsin, there is a thresheree where they power up these tractors and other vintage steam and oil engines. Place is called Symco. They also have a pre 64 rod and custom show there as well and they do fire these things up to the delight of the spectators. They drive them around the grounds and the steering on these is very crude....a chain hooked up to the front axle controlled from the operators perch, much like a soap box car steering.

You really need to see these beasts in action. In Wisconsin, there is a thresheree where they power up these tractors and other vintage steam and oil engines. Place is called Symco. They also have a pre 64 rod and custom show there as well and they do fire these things up to the delight of the spectators. They drive them around the grounds and the steering on these is very crude....a chain hooked up to the front axle controlled from the operators perch, much like a soap box car steering.

Well my friends family has several of these. One they have had for years. They are on the third generation of owners now with there 19 year old daughter. She brings the young guys out for the shows :) . They also take care of the steam locomotive for the fair grounds . These things make great stoves for ham and sweet corn .

Would be interesting to see if that German version is a rebox or copy of the Pyro kit.. maybe the scale is wrong on the box.

This kit was produced in the 70s in East-Germany (better known as GDR :wacko: ) and was the first steps in kit manufacturing by Max Krätzer (=MK Modelle). I don't believe that they had a license to copy from original Pyro pattern, so it is more a not legal copy of the kit. Two kits of this types were produced, the "Texan" and the "Jersey Bounce". For more Informations about kits from MK-Modelle I have created a Facebook site. https://www.facebook.com/pages/MK-Modelle/532990283393483?ref=hl

Here are two unusual kits that I own. At first the colorful Belarus MTZ-100 in 1:20 scale. Crisp molded parts in relatively big scale from a russian manufacturer.

post-12904-0-73835600-1386509558_thumb.j

For a detailed view please visit: http://www.modelencyclopedia.com/DisplayWholeItem.php?ItemId=6379

At second the 1924 AMO F15 in 1:24 scale. This kit was produced in the GDR for the russian market and has steerable wheels, but no engine detail.

post-12904-0-80066400-1386510108_thumb.j

For a detailed view please visit: http://www.modelencyclopedia.com/DisplayWholeItem.php?ItemId=6378

Here are two unusual kits that I own. At first the colorful Belarus MTZ-100 in 1:20 scale. Crisp molded parts in relatively big scale from a russian manufacturer.

attachicon.gifBelarus MT3100 parts.jpg

For a detailed view please visit: http://www.modelencyclopedia.com/DisplayWholeItem.php?ItemId=6379

At second the 1924 AMO F15 in 1:24 scale. This kit was produced in the GDR for the russian market and has steerable wheels, but no engine detail.

attachicon.gifAMO F15 E.JPG

For a detailed view please visit: http://www.modelencyclopedia.com/DisplayWholeItem.php?ItemId=6378

I wouldn't mind either of those kits. The AMO seem quite accurate when compared to the pictures of the real ones. An engine would not be hard to scratch build.

I wouldn't mind either of those kits. The AMO seem quite accurate when compared to the pictures of the real ones. An engine would not be hard to scratch build.

Yes, for an advanced modeller! But this was my first car kit at age of 13 and it was horrible! Now the AMO is only a collectible piece with some emotional memories. Building this kit? I don't know!