Model Cars Magazine Forum

Obscure Kits You Never Knew Were Made...Until Now

I picked this up yesterday, dont know what to do with it.

motorandmodel004_zps4146e00e.jpg

Scale would be a determinating factor for me. If it's our favorite scale, I'd build the coach and strap it down to a flat bed truck as if it was headed to a show or auction. That would make a very cool load.

If it's 1/12 scale, I'd send it to Harry because it would fit right into the line of old horse drawn carriages he already has built!

Pretty sure this is a ex-Revell small scale kit. The molds might have been actually owned by Adams instead of Revell....Life-Like reissued a bunch of ex-Adams kits at some point. Think I have a Roman Chariot and two or three late-50s vintage military kits in the Life-Like boxes.

From what I understand, Adams was a mold shop in California that had some type of a partnership with Revell in the mid-1950s. At some point, that ended and Adams released kits under its own brand starting around 1958. Don't think Adams-brand kits were available for more than a couple years though. At least some of them were reissued by Athern at some point, and the Adams Saab Draken jet fighter was reissued by Lindberg at least twice. Revell-Venice reissued at least one ex-Adams 1/40-scale military kit in the early 1980s. Not sure who ended up owning these molds.

MVC001F-vi.jpg

MVC001F-vi.jpg

MVC001F-vi.jpg

MVC004F-vi.jpg

Here's that silly little Falcon kit. It's too narrow and too tall just for starters. It came with that slick two tone paint job. Once in the stripper the parts all fell apart, looked like they assembled it with rubber cement.

Edited by Tom Geiger

"'60s inflation" has an all-new meaning after seeing the Premier Falcon's roof. :wacko:

I have to pull it out and work on it again. I had started it for an April Fools Day theme a few years ago. I was planning on doing a really nice job on it with a wired engine, Alclad and BMF. I thought that would be funny to see all that work on that car.

• 4 weeks later...

I just watched that Maverick go over my budget.

Wish I could get one. I have the Trans Am from them!!

And I have seen that Jeep kit a few times recently on evilbay too.

Never knew 'Stock-like' parts were in that box. I am interested in that one now

Edited by Edsel-Dan