Model Cars Magazine Forum

Obscure Kits You Never Knew Were Made...Until Now

ooohh...I want that reissued. I'm far too young to have seen the Six Million Dollar man when it was on tv the first time but I do remeber seeing it on SciFi Channel in the 90s (that was also where I first saw the movie Killdozer).

I kick this off with this Dennis Priddle dragster, that was obviously targeted to the UK market.

This is the only example I ever saw and I didn't know it existed.

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

Edited by Junkman

I kick this off with this Dennis Priddle dragster, that was obviously targeted to the UK market.

This is the only example I ever saw and I didn't know it existed.

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

Would be awesome to get one, but, pretty much a UK market kit. Luckily I have a set of replica decals to us build it using a U.S. issue kit.

Would be awesome to get one, but, pretty much a UK market kit. Luckily I have a set of replica decals to us build it using a U.S. issue kit.

Which kit is it based on?

Would it be possible to scan the decals?

Daniel, that would explain the piece of paper that was inside the bottom of each box then, I was thinking they were some kind of promo too!

P1350711-vi.jpg

Ford don't need to convince me to buy a Ford car!!

But that is wayyyyyy cool!!!! And I HAVE ONE!!!!!!! YEY!!!! (The Vicky)

• 1 year later...

I'd love to see the contents of this box. Even better, one of these kits built. Really could care less that it's the Six Million Dollar Man. I never cared for the show. But, I'm courious about how good or bad was this kit?

It is a very simplistic kit, but, it has the potential to be detailed. Mine is not mint and has been started but I can take some pics and post them later. 

Which kit is it based on?

Would it be possible to scan the decals?

Yikes, this is a reply to a post from a year ago or so! 

With the exception of the California Charger Dragster, all the Revell Front Engine kits in 1/16th are basically the same issue. The only difference between them and the Cal Charger is the body, engine dress parts, wheels and decals. 

This car ran a 392 vs. the 426 in the kits. But you can fudge it by using the engine from a Cal Charger kit or an aftermarket 392

I forget who did the decals, I can check when I get home, but they are really nice and should use them soon. Sorry, I will not scan someone else's work. If they where actual kit decals I would.

I have these in my collection. I doubt if I will ever build them because of their cartoon looks -

532.89 1955 Pontiac Strato Chief 650.89 1955 Oldsmobile "Holiday" 658.89 1955 Chrysler Newport

Palmer Scale models; SCALE-Irony when actual and literal definition are different. I thought Premier was precedent of Palmer

I'd love to see the contents of this box. Even better, one of these kits built. Really could care less that it's the Six Million Dollar Man. I never cared for the show. But, I'm courious about how good or bad was this kit?

Here you go! I did not have my ruler handy, so I used a Sharpie for scale. I think it is in the 1/12th scale zone

Thanks Jesse. That is very cool to finally see what that kit looks like out of the box. Looks like a simple kit to assemble. But, an SOB to detail with paint. I've never been a fan of the Six Million Dollar Man. I may have been too old for that type of program when it came out. But, I've always curious about this one kit. For some reason I could not imagine what it could look like out of the box. Now that I have seen it, I'm kind or impressed with how they engineered it. Yet I'm not impressed enough to ever seek out one for my own collection.

By the way. The biker looks more gorilla than human. I wonder what the deal is with that? If you ever paint your figures, it might be fun to paint the biker up to look like a gorilla.

Guess what? LOL! 

$T2eC16hHJGwE9n)yVUMhBRN8KORqfg~~60_1.JP

I was a kid when it came out and I did watch it, thought it was far out! LOL! Now I watch the re-runs once in a while and it is pretty goofy

Edited by Daddyfink