Model Cars Magazine Forum
Casey

Obscure Kits You Never Knew Were Made...Until Now

11 hours ago, Richard Bartrop said:

The Chevette is a new one on me, and Google keeps bringing up the other Chevette.  Does anyone have any background on the real car?

Times two!! New (old) ones pop up all the time!!

On 10/26/2018 at 12:41 PM, 89AKurt said:

Fun thread to check out, until the Photophukit debacle ruined it (appreciate being able to post directly to this forum).

I've wanted to do my dad's Mercedes 190 sedan that I grew up with, had no seatbelts, airbags, ABS or air conditioning (how did I survive?).  I would hope it looks better than the box art.  I found an obscure model collector dealer, price was crazy.

itc3692mercedes1.JPG

8943505737_4dcc51074e_o.jpg

This is another oldie . The Box art is way better than the model . It is one of the pioneering Plastic Model Car Kits . I have a few of these types . Ask , I will post ; Rolle Royce , Allard , Jag XK 120 , Talbot Logo , Nash Healey . I have the Pegasso WIP . I am missing the Aston Martin Aston Martin BD 3 and this Mercedes . The T-Bird and Corvette , I will not spend the Big Bucks for when I have highly Detailed later efforts in my preferred 1/25 scale .   Thanx .. 

Edited by dimaxion
mspll

I happen to have 2 of the Demolition Demon 56 Ford from Aurora.

I still have 1 Near complete built (Missing 1 wheel/tire only, and breakdown bar/marker driver took down when car past driveable)!!

The kit pictured above is missing a few parts

wheels, etc

plus, Mine had 4 Flesh colored figures included

Driver, Flagman w/checkered flag, Crewman & woman ?Girlfriend/Wife of driver or fan?

Also note the box called this a 57 Ford!!!

Edited by Edsel-Dan

On 11/4/2018 at 9:49 AM, dimaxion said:

This is another oldie . The Box art is way better than the model . It is one of the pioneering Plastic Model Car Kits . I have a few of these types . [...] I am missing [...] this Mercedes .  [...] 

Thanks for the information.  Only when one has a direct connection with a car, would one be crazy enough to spend the $$.

That's me on Prom Night.  The car's battery died at the restaurant, needed my dad to rescue me, switched to the Honda Civic CVCC.

Prom Kurt in Tucson.jpg