Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/16th Scratch Built 69 Daytona ProMod

Romell R

Another Circus Tractor Finished (LOL!)

Hey fellas this is a 1/16th 69 Dayton ProMod 100% scratch built most of this build was fashioned from brass I'd say about 95% of it. with 4% resin and the rest is styrene aluminum, & solder. it took 11 months to build over 2000 hours with over 1,400 hand made parts. And all graphics were masked and airbrushed.

This was a first for me and a great learning tool. The paint is all HOK Kandies on the body, The rims were turned for me by forum member Jim Littiken a.k.a."MicroNitro" ( http://www.micronitro.net/ ) and I think he did an OUTSTANDING job. You can actually follow the build right here on MCM by clicking this link http://www.modelcars...showtopic=44578 .

There are also pics on page 5

if you have any questions or comments please feel free to post them. thanks for viewing. Romell

donedealbuttoned005-1.jpg

donedealbuttoned038.jpg

donedealbuttoned035.jpg

donedealbuttoned040.jpg

donedealbuttoned026.jpg

I hope you enjoyed....... B)

Romell,

I have watched your construction of this Masterpiece from its beginning. Your artistic ability is endless. Being a car modeler 40 years ago,

and to wittness people like yourself with these phenomenal talents, I consider myself fortunate. Your willingness to share your ideas like so many

others, is a testament to your leadership in this hobby.

And for that, I thank you.

Ron Berke

Edited by eferrari

Is this a diecast toy? The hood is so high the driver wouldn't be able to see and the fit between the fenders and the doors is aweful.

Your kidding with the diecast comment right? Im glad you liked the build , but it fits this way because I dont want to push the parts together as this is made to display open trust me it all goes together very well, but thanks for your sincere comments. Oh and regarding the driver not being able to see. i dont think we have one small enough to fit inside just yet. But if you feel small enough now the job is up for grabs if you feel you want to apply .Hey Mitch I would love to see one of your builds. B)

Romell,

I have watched your construction of this Masterpiece from its beginning. Your artistic ability is endless. Being a car modeler 40 years ago,

and to wittness people like yourself with these phenomenal talents, I consider myself fortunate. Your willingness to share your ideas like so many

others, is a testament to your leadership in this hobby.

And for that, I thank you.

Ron Berke

Thank you so much Ron for you sincere compliment , I feel we all should be willing to share what we know about this hobby thats how we can help it to continue to grow. No one can just pick up these skills , we all are handed down our skills from other builders. B)

Beautiful build, Romell..! I understand that you're going to attend the DSC8 in Phoenix later this month. Better bring a drool guard to put around this thing. Theres gonna be lots of people ogling it..!!

Edited by AZ Boy

Beautiful build, Romell..! I understand that you're going to attend the DSC8 in Phoenix later this month. Better bring a drool guard to put around this thing. Theres gonna be lots of people ogling it..!!

Hmmm ....note to self design drool gaurd LOL! thanks buddy! I hope to see ya there Aaron

Romell, I too watched every page of this Build with you, and at the age of 74, I've seen many many Wonderful Artists do their thing, with Wood, Plastic, Resin, to Photo Etch, and I'd place you at the Top of my List with your Wonderful Workmanship, and I have to Thank You for Sharing with us!

bubba930