Model Cars Magazine Forum

Autocar to White 9064 conversion?

• 1 month later...

Anyone have any reference info? Gonna be scratching parts, and I really need stuff like photos of the chassis and top of the bonnet. I've seen pictures of brochures on the net, but they're too small to actually make out any detail to be helpful.

Here's what I mean. This chassis pic was in one of the 60s 9000 series brochures.

frame-1.jpg

I've seen this brochure scanned, but only the front and insides. This picture is on the back, unfortunately.

I've come to the conclusion that those "bars" were what the fuel tanks and/or battery box/step were mounted on, but I have no idea how they were mounted to the frame rails. The pic is just too blurry to make out.

Furthermore, does anyone know what kind of cab mount the truck used. I can't find any pics from the backside to find out. I assume it used the same mount as the later 9000 models (the mount type that comes with the AMT Autocar kit).

Lastly, It would be helpful if I could get some kind of dimensions on the bonnet/radiator housing. I was going to just try to eye it, but not having any top down views of the bonnet are making it kinda tough.

On the 62s I know there was a bit of an angle on the bonnet from the cab to the radiator. Sort of a V shape. Just trying to figure out how big a difference there is on the 64. The radiator housing itself looks wider which leads me to believe that I would have to widen the Autocar donor a bit, but another part of me says it's more of an illusion since the cab of the 9000 is closer to the radiator than on the Autocar.

Edited by Tyson