Model Cars Magazine Forum

Whats the most tooled car ?

I beleive this one would qualify as the most tooled. :D

carshowpix10119.jpgcarshowpix10120.jpg

carshowpix10121.jpgcarshowpix10122.jpg

carshowpix10124.jpg

George, as far as i know, there were no 1/25 or 1/25 plastic kits of the '57 Chevy convertible. The only plastic kit I know of is the old 1/16 AMT kit.

Edited by Longbox55

I think the Lamborghini answer is debatable. The problem with it is that the Countach evolved though out the years much like any other model of car. The 32 Ford and the 57 Chevy are examples of a single year. The Countach started with the LP400 (74-77), then LP400S (78-81), next up LP500S (82-84), then 5000S QV (85-88) and last the 25 Anniversary (88-90).

I love the Countach and own about 10 of the Fujimi EM kits of it. I also have about the same amount of Revell 69 Camaro's.

I think the Lamborghini answer is debatable...

I kind of agree. It depends on exactly what is meant by "tooled kit". For instance, there are a lot of Nissan Skyline kits - and I mean A LOT! But, I wouldn't consider them as the most tooled because they, like the Lamborghini Countach, are just a model that changed over time. Can we then say the Impala was the most tooled? I think if it was narrowed down to a single year and model, the '32 or '57 would still be my vote - but, that is as unscientific a guess as which star is the farthest, so??

Sorry guys, what I meant was the most tooled single year ie 57 Chevy, 32 Ford, 67 Mustang ect.

Only asked because I have so many 57 issues but as has been said, there may only be 12 or so tools but many issues of each over the years. Revell must have 6 or 7 tools ?

If somebody is into say 32 Fords, how many tools have there been over the years & how many re-issues ect ?

But I have yet see anyone make a kit of this 57 chevy

http://www.57heaven....moroccoconv.jpg

Color: Sierra Gold Poly, White Convertible Top Model #: 2434 Factory Base Price: $4,598 plus options Shipping Weight: 3,414 lbs. Production Total: 187 total cars Engine: 283 ci V8, 220 Horsepower Transmission: Powerglide automatic Carburetion: Single four barrel Interior: Sierra Gold and Beige vinyl Factory Options: Power steering, power brakes, tinted glass, spinner hubcaps, whitewall tires, push button radio, dual exhaust, clock 1957 Chevrolet El-Morocco. Extremely rare, only made by Chevrolet for two years, 1956 and 1957. In 1957 they came in three models, a convertible, a two door hardtop and a four door hardtop. They were sold and warrantied by Chevrolet. The modifications were made by Allender & Co. in Detroit, Michigan and then taken to the dealerships for sale. There are only a few convertibles known to still exist.

Edited by Nick Notarangelo

I believe the Lamborgini Countach is indeed an accurate choice. There were A LOT of kits of this thing released in so many different scales from all plastic Matchbox sized (of which I had four as a kid) up to 1/16 I believe. Most every Japanese kit manufacturer did them (meaning the tooling was unique) as well as some of the European ones and so did some of the American manufacturers. Top Gear's James May said this was the car every pre-teen kid who loved cars back in the 1970s had a poster of in their rooms. Well, chances are they also had a kit of the thing in some form sitting on their workbench (or kitchen table) as well.