Model Cars Magazine Forum

New redesigned Viper is here

If only they made a car that looks like that, that the average person could actually afford to buy!

Wouldn't that be nice ?, I know the lighting is in play here, but is it painted a red or a burgundy?, or something in the middle, either way I like the shade whatever it is, now thats shiny

Virgil, I still like the original Viper too, but I never really liked the coupe, it just looked funny to me, but not this one. Least the kept a lot of the original Viper lines in this new one, and mix them with the new lines

Edited by martinfan5

A PROPER U.S. Supercar IMHO.

Every angle is excellent and it's the first redesign that I like of this car. I loved the original when it debuted and this is the next step. The front has a tad Ferarri in it [not a bad thing], the rear is finally proper and sweet looking.

The V10 still has that odd throat to it. 8 cylinders have a certain tempo that most of us are used to and a V10 seems strange [still]. But the exhaust throat is the best I've heard from a V10 [being on Vid and not in person].

I like it better than a Vette and i'm a Chevy guy mostly [Fords are great as well, I'm not one of those]. But I still like the exhaust note from a co-workers 2012 GT500 better. I got to drive that one so maybe I'm prejudiced.

Still, all in all, A Grand Slam in my eyes.

Very nice.

Bob

headlights are a lil too Vette for my liking, but the fact that it looks like the late90's GTS is much better than the last design. If it were in kit form, i'd actually buy it. FWIW it's also gonna be added to Forza Motorsport 4 soon, I saw (for any of you Xbox folks)

headlights are a lil too Vette for my liking, but the fact that it looks like the late90's GTS is much better than the last design. If it were in kit form, i'd actually buy it. FWIW it's also gonna be added to Forza Motorsport 4 soon, I saw (for any of you Xbox folks)

Maybe it will be added to Grand Tursimo , nahhh, no way that will happen, have to wait tell GT6