Model Cars Magazine Forum

Applying Kicker to CA Glue (Super Glue)

After using the spray Zap Kicker with CA Glue for ages and always worrying about contamination to soon to be painted surfaces I hit on this idea. Found these empty needle tip bottles on Ebay, the guy that sells them also sells them filled with oil for trains, slot cars and stuff.

post-5775-0-51342600-1333689299_thumb.jp

I pour a small amount of the kicker into the needle tip bottle then once the CA Glue is applied just hit it with a tiny drop of the kicker. It's far better and less of a mess than the spray bottle. I've been using this for some time now and it works great.

Question: (I searched but can't find the post I think I saw on here some time ago.) Does anyone use Super Glue and Baking Soda for body filler? I've used Thick Super Glue on larger areas sanded it smooth then top coated with thin super glue with good results in the past. Any one have any problems with this as a filler in the past?

Edited by Skip

I USED to use micro-balloons with thick C-A but didn't like how hard it becomes to sand. I've switched to 30 minute epoxy when I think that this type of filler would be better. As I recall, either baking soda or baking powder can give off noxious fumes when mixed with C-A.

If you use the small red plastic tube from a WD40 can, you can do the same thing. Just put your finger over one end, dip the other end in the kicker, and once you have it in position, just remove your finger from the end and the kicker will flow out acting on the glue. There was a company that sold glass tubes for doing the exact same thing.

Just unscrew the pump mechanism from the kicker bottle, tap off the excess kicker from the end of the pickup tube, and apply it where you want it.

That's how I have ben doing it. Never understood why they made it a spray bottle. You would waste more than you would use!?