Model Cars Magazine Forum

VIVA LAS VEGAS--HAVE YOU MODEL IT AS A SUBJECT?

Folks, I just ran across the work of Petri Kovanen and this wonderful diorama that features all sorts of wonderful Vegas motifs, and it made me curious to find out if anyone has ever built anything VEGAS related, vehicle or diorama. I think it's a wonderful subject.

Here's Petri's great diorama done in 28mm scale.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150727461361069.426422.574041068&type=3

How about a vintage NHP cruiser?

DSCF0379.jpg

DSCF0376.jpg

DSCF0375.jpg

DSCF0378.jpg

DSCF0377.jpg

I turned the Lindbergh '53 Crown Victoria into a Mainline (sort of) and scratch built the roof light. NHP did all sorts of weird one off emergency lighting configurations and this was no exception. Paint is all Krylon, interior as well. The B/W was polished, there is no clear coat on this, the interior was airbrushed with a semigloss over the can colors..

G

Edited by Agent G

I've done short runs of Las Vegas associated Custom Diecast the last couple of years.

These are HotWheels disassembled, stripped, filed, sanded, prepped, with my own custom Decals and airbrushed with HOK.

Here's a couple of pics of one series,

I'll post a thread of how I create them once I find the appropriate section.

PICT0062-2.jpg

PICT0063-1.jpg

PICT0065.jpg

PICT0066-1.jpg

PICT0096.jpg

PICT0099.jpg

CadillacPat

Thanks G,

The rims, whitewalls and centercaps are also airbrushed and the headlights are my trademark inlaid rhinestones.

Those are InkJet Decals and the car is HOK Black with an overlay of Emerald Green Pearl Powder changing the color of the car completely to Emerald Green without affecting the graphics.

Now the question, how did I get Clear InkJet Decals (which we all know will disappear over dark colors) to show up on a Black surface???????

CadillacPat

Ok, possible stupid question alert... but is that mesh thingy under the hood the siren?

(asked by a completely non-law enforcement civilian)... :D

Yep. You're looking directly at the front which has a mesh grille to keep birds and such from self-destructing in the impellers. Not to mention hands, fingers, and other assorted appendages of those who should have known better!

For concealed or under-hood installations the pretty chrome housings are omitted.

B)

Yep. You're looking directly at the front which has a mesh grille to keep birds and such from self-destructing in the impellers. Not to mention hands, fingers, and other assorted appendages of those who should have known better!

For concealed or under-hood installations the pretty chrome housings are omitted.

B)

Not that I know a lot about cruisers from that era, but I thought all sirens were exterior mounted, but I guess not, learned something new ;)

Not that I know a lot about cruisers from that era, but I thought all sirens were exterior mounted, but I guess not, learned something new ;)

Well, they often chose not to have big old sirens on the roof or fender (for either appearance or fuel mileage considerations) of some patrol cars, and they certainly did not mount big old chrome sirens on the roofs of unmarked cars used by detectives, investigators, high-ranking staff, federal agents, or revenuers just to name a few.

Sheeeesh! Kids today. ;):lol:

B)

Well, they often chose not to have big old sirens on the roof or fender (for either appearance or fuel mileage considerations) of some patrol cars, and they certainly did not mount big old chrome sirens on the roofs of unmarked cars used by detectives, investigators, high-ranking staff, federal agents, or revenuers just to name a few.

Sheeeesh! Kids today. ;):lol:

B)

I figured they wouldnt mount them on unmarked units sFun_bangdesk.gifsHa_lolbig2.gif, I am just used to seeing them mounted on the outside, never seen one with out it, well maybe, dont remember

Edited by martinfan5