Revell KS Pittman 41 Willys

4 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Just picked up the new Revell KS Pittman 41 Willys kit. The instructions call for a red body. However, looking at various reference PICS, the car was more of an orange/red. Anyone know the color of the 1:1 car or have any paint color suggestions? Thanx.

Posted · Report post

Matador Red .

Posted · Report post

Slixx decals always lists the color of the cars they provide decals for. They show the '33 and '40s Willys to be either: Metro Paints 'N7 Red' or Realistic Paints #1012 Red. I searched for both, but didn't find much. The results took me back to Slixx and other business related info. I found two colors on eBay, but not yours.

I found this site that lists lots of vehicles' factory-painted Matador Red (as Lone Wolf added). http://paintref.com/...i?color=Matador Red&tditzler=5824&rows=50. They even give a sample color next to each one. Maybe you could find an auto store that has a matching touch-up paint for a particular car.

Posted · Report post

Donn and Ted

Thanks for your reply. I found Matador Red at MCW Auto Finishes. It is listed under their Racing Colors as S&S Auto Parts (60 Gassers) #5601. Donn, hope to talk with you at the NNL East.

Jim