Model Cars Magazine Forum

1925 model t

Major

You need to grab a copy of Collectable Automobile - Volume 17 #5 . This issue has all of the Ford T's from the latter years 1925-7. Art is correct in the interior color being a semi Gloss black too. I mention the magazine as the article will show you the wiring used on the magneto coils . Ed Shaver

You need to grab a copy of Collectable Automobile - Volume 17 #5 . This issue has all of the Ford T's from the latter years 1925-7. Art is correct in the interior color being a semi Gloss black too. I mention the magazine as the article will show you the wiring used on the magneto coils . Ed Shaver

Plug wires, as well as the wires from timer to firewall (individual coils for each cylinder were in wooden boxes on the inside of the firewall through 1925) were: red (#1 plug), green (#2 plug), white (#3 plug) and black, #4 plug), from timer to coil (twisted together) and from coil to plug. The timer is a simple small drum-shaped affair on the front of the camshaft housing, coil wires came out of the sides, 90-degrees apart, with a single lead wire (black) coming from the top of the flywheel housing (the magneto on a Model T was built into the flywheel), and ran down the right side of the engine to the timer (a very primitive "distributor"). Also, the intake manifolds on all T's were black, exhaust manifolds never painted, turned rusty within miles after first bought.

Art

thanks for all the help but i am still new to model bilding and am not sure how to do all the little wiring in the engine bay. is there a spot on the from that could show me how? that would be awesome thanks.

thanks for all the help but i am still new to model bilding and am not sure how to do all the little wiring in the engine bay. is there a spot on the from that could show me how? that would be awesome thanks.

there's 71 pages to wade through here: http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showforum=4

don't fall into the trap of making things too complicated too soon. there's always "the next one!"

looks good so far!