Model Cars Magazine Forum

finished 1/25 custom bj and the bear truck

As to the rear wheels, they should lay against the outside of the wheel bead just like the front tires. It's not really the builders fault as the directions can be less than clear if you're not familiar with this kit. You have to stretch them over the wheel just like you'd do when mounting a real tire. If you have trouble getting them to lay down properly, a little patience and some thin superglue should solve this problem. I've done this several times... This is the only real drawback that I see in this particular kit... I didn't notice it the first time around, otherwise a very nice build.

ya what I had to do was let them sit on the rim that way so when i pull them back out they will seat properly the way they are supposed to i just didn't update the picture but thanks glad y'all like it!!!! thanks for the complements.

ya what I had to do was let them sit on the rim that way so when i pull them back out they will seat properly the way they are supposed to

I never thought about that... That would let them develop the proper 'memory' shape, wouldn't it? I may try that on my next one if the tires won't play nice.

Edited by Wagoneer81

• 5 weeks later...

As I saw this thread my neice is watching sesame st., ironically the lil yip yip aliens came on as i am scrolling through( utube them if you are wondering).. As i read the post by wagoneer ":It looks like B.J. sold the kw100 and the40'er", I start hearing[ "YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP, RADIO?..OOOOHH RADIO? NOPE NOPE NOPE.OHHH SHINEY, YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP, ..." guess the lil guys needed a connex hp with a big kicker and some nice wilson's. haha..Way cool build, growin up in the jump seat in the late 70's early 80's, then rollin over a million of my own miles, I lose myself in the rig threads like a kid in wal-mart lookin 4 mommy. Awesome build! no more babbles 2day..:)from me, i hope.