Model Cars Magazine Forum

1976 Chevrolet Titan/90

So here is my latest creation: a 1976 Chevrolet Titan/90. The idea was for a begining owner/operator type of tractor so it's pretty plain. I wanted to do a Michigan-style tractor, but the pin-stripes kept self-destructing. Oh, well, so now it's from Iowa!

The build is basicly box-stock with a few additions (like all of my others). The DC Trucking logos & ICC numbers are from the AMT International Transtar 4300; while the fuel tags, vent decorations, & "37" flags are from the Titan kit. I was just going to use the wipers from the kit, but they are too horrible for words, so I replaced them with KFS wipers. One stack is from the Titan kit, and the other one is from the GMC Astro/95 kit. They are the "single stack option" stacks painted with Dupli-Color Bumper Chrome and aliminum tube tops. The Chevrolet "Bowtie" flap logos are from Jbot. I'm not a big fan of the horns in the kit, so I replace them with horns from one the Revell USA snap kits (some of the better kit horns in my opinion). The frame deck plating is from the parts box (I think Tim Ahlborn sent it to me about three years ago).

Anyway, that's the build. I'm going to try and get some outside shots during the week if the weather cooperates.

01RightSide.jpg

03DriversSide.jpg

02Rear.jpg

05Top.jpg

04Interior.jpg

The inspiration:

rm_sunbury_chev_titan.jpg

Trying to keep busy & build down the stash. That's just an excuse to add more to it! Got to make room for the ProStar & White Western Star. And anything else they reissue.

I think I got the 1970s look, too.

Edited by Jim B

Thanks. The only thing I didn't like about the Chevrolet is the grill: is sticks out when it should be flush with the face of the cab. Makes mounting the cab difficult.

Edited by Jim B

Thanks! What I did on this dash was paint the entire thing Tamiya Semi Gloss Black (X-18), then I went back with a toothpick & picked out the rings with silver paint.

Edited by Jim B

Nice work.

Trying to keep busy & build down the stash. That's just an excuse to add more to it! Got to make room for the ProStar & White Western Star. And anything else they reissue.

I think I got the 1970s look, too.

When you finish one you can get 2 more.LOL

Yep, now it's from Iowa, and it's hooked to a livestock trailer. Seemed appropriate. Maybe I should hook it to a grain trailer (if I ever make one).

I thought the "fleet lights" were more appropriate for a Chevrolet than the bullet lights. They came in the kit.