Model Cars Magazine Forum

My Cobra collection

Thought I would share some photos of my unbuilt Cobra model kits. I collect Cobras of all sizes and materials and have been collecting since about 1995. I have a bit over 600 as of now and often find ones I have never seen before. I hope you enjoy the pics. Thanks for looking. dash003.jpgdash002.jpgdash001.jpg

Oh man, great photo. Made my heart skip a beat. The plan is to get a drivable kit car Cobra when my daughter finishes law school. Thats the plan at least. Will it happen ? Only time will tell. It is one tough car to get in and out of when your 220 lbs. Maybe I should start my diet now. Are those Factory Fives ?

Nice collection Ray, any photos available of ones you have built up?

Also, just curious, being such a die hard cobra fanatic, what do you think of the redesigned cobra Ford did in 04?

I thought it was very cool and have often thought of scratch building a scale replica of it.

Steve

• 6 months later...

600 WOW ! Is that all shapes n sizes ie kits, hot wheels ect or just kits ?

I've got nearly 100 kit issues of 57 Chevys (some are slight variations) but nearly 1000 of all sorts in my collection at 1 time.

After 20 years of collecting, the 1;1 became a reality & most (except the kits) have now been sold.

I kept the kits, as thats what got me into 57's (hence username) even though most are 2 door coupes & I bought a sedan !

Keep collecting Cobraman & 1 day the 1;1 will be the ultimate edition to you collection.

• 5 months later...

sorry to bring this back up but im still wonderin about 1/25 / 1/24 scale cobra daytona coupes, what brand is that one with the usa flag on it? Remember I got my blue crew and i still keep an eye out hoping some idiot is cleaning out his grandpas attic and sellin really cheap on ebay, even though most builders that know something would jump on it faster than a bugatti veyron.(<--- Oh No!). Id be happy just finding a body and glass and slapping an amt or revell cobra under it. Or even a 1/24 diecast. Again after almost a year great collection.

Hey Jake. I think your talking about the small box. If so it is a 1/40 th I think and it is a very simple kit that looks no where like the photo on the box. There are a couple of nice Daytona Cobra kits out there but one will cost you about 120.00 and the other ( a resin one) is closer to 200.00. I don't have either now. Had the Gunze kit but sold it when I got an offer I could not refuse. I will get another at some point.