Model Cars Magazine Forum

1969 Dodge Charger R/T - (The Classified Project)

TheCat

Very nice build, great detail in the engine bay, what kit did you use for this ??

thank you Geoff. I used the body of the Revell 1968 Charger (does not have the vinyl top) and the rest was from the Revell's 1969 Charger R/T.

But Felix - the paint looks satin. Fantastic detail s you put into the build and it looks just great, Felix.

In the movie the car was semi-satin. That's why I painted the car that way, my paint job is Semi-Satin. Here's a close look of the paint job from the movie. The car was not glossy at all. Even the director mentioned that he didn't want the car to be glossy.

da000829c33.9762.jpg

Ui! You've built a cool car! But it looks like in the movie it is shiny?

The engine is very, very realistic with good details!

What Kit is it?

Thank you... It's the Revell 68 Charger body but everything else is from the Revell 69 Charger R/T.

looks like an ex dukes of hazzard car lol. awesome build and movie!

Funny that you mentioned that... because of that particular reason, the director didn't want this Charger to look like the General Lee... So he had the Side Vent Windows removed and the Car Painted Semi-Satin Dark Navy Blue. He mentioned that it would give the car a more aggressive and Angry look.

haha, i just saw this movie last week or so... it's got some bad axx looking cars and one sweet looking chica..mm mmm..lols

you did a fantastic job on this one. great attention to details and the paint is dead on. B)