Model Cars Magazine Forum

MPC Chrysler Hydro-Vee "Charger" Boat Kit and Other Boat Kits

The first Boat is an AMT Original I rescued from pieces and parts I gathered at the Toledo Shows over the years . Ford V/8 .The Wooden Cutlass is an AMT '90's Re-Pop . Kris Craft Inboard w/Chris Craft Flathead Marine 6 . Hemi Hydro . Revelle SSP , '90's release .I coud not come up with the Cream Accents . I went with 'kinda Gulf OIL Scheme . Yeah , It's gotta a Hemi & color me  Metal Flake Blue :) .  Thanx 

AMT Boat f 2.JPG

AMT Boat r 2.JPG

Cutl;ass f 2.JPG

Cutlass 2 r.JPG

Hemi Hydro f 3.JPG

Hemi Hydro r 5.JPG

This is a few years ago. Built the Hemi Hydro boat kit and used the interior / jet drive conversion  kit with a big block Chevrolet engine instead of the Hemi. spare parts super charger and home made headers. Got to have a tow vehicle right. 

IMG_0835.JPG

IMG_0848.JPG

On 5/29/2017 at 1:17 AM, ChrisBcritter said:

From looking at the photos of the kit's engine, I'm not sure what that thing is supposed to represent. The main offering from Century was the Gray Marine engine, which is based on the AMC 327 V8. I've found other images of them with Cadillacs, Chrysler Marine Hemis, Ford Y-block and FE marine engines as well, so you can probably swap in whatever you can fit to the bellhousing and scratchbuild the marine parts.

Here is one I found on EBAY . The MC V/8 .. Thanx  

AMC Marine v eight.jpg

On 3/18/2021 at 9:44 AM, espo said:

This is a few years ago. Built the Hemi Hydro boat kit and used the interior / jet drive conversion  kit with a big block Chevrolet engine instead of the Hemi. spare parts super charger and home made headers. Got to have a tow vehicle right. 

IMG_0835.JPG

IMG_0848.JPG

Outstanding!